HID's

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
SmoothMX3

HID's

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I have a set of hid's, but they fit 9006. mx3's are 9004. Therfore, they wont plug and play. I'm wondering if i should just splice the wires to make it work, instead of buying a new set. Yet there is another problem... Would the hid fit into the headlight? You know how the bulbs have notches, I wonder if those notches will fit?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: HID's

Post by Mooneggs »

I think they might fit... not sure about the l-bend at the end... keep in mind that the housing is not designed for that bulb so you may have a really sucky beam pattern.

I've been running 9004 bulbs (because they are HID) in my h4 housings and it sucks! lol
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Ok, I think im going to try em out. ah, yeah... I learned alot about the direction of the beam going haywire. I have my hid's in my crx right now and they look awsome but nothing like what projectors could do for them. Since i got my first pair of hid's, i really cant stand to not have them. on your international, what K do you have? 8000K?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Welp, Installed the HID's...

haha, Let's just say not all headlight assembly's aren't the same.
After alittle splicing i installed them within 10 mins.
Once done, I took it for alittle drive to test them out. I seen the road probally about the same as what i did with the stock 9004 bulbs except with more of a white/blue tint.
As far as everything else, i see plain as day. lol
It shines upwards into the tree's. I also see every sign perfect.

With them shining up into the tree's like that, im kinda scared i might get pulled over. what do you think?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

:lol: You'll probably get pulled over and bashed by irate oncoming drivers first :rant2:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

lol I can relate - my beam pattern using the 9004 in the H4 housing = V everything lights up but the road LOL :freak:

anyways 6000K in my int'l project
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Im gonna get my wife to drive on the other side of the road for me (slow, lol) to see if they blind anyone. I dont want any accidents.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

:mrgreen: good thinking..., always test stuff on the wife first!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

haha ... yeah really!
For some reason, I test alot of my new idea's on her. hehe
Welp, It's not really that their blinding, but i really just cant see the road. Not only that, everytime i turn on my headlights my stock radio goes staticy. (probally didnt spell that right, you get it though.)

Probally just going to throw in the stock bulbs and just wait till later down the road when i can do the civic headlight conversion.
Thanks for help or input guys.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”