Stock 94 1.6 DOHC...slowww

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Re: Stock 94 1.6 DOHC...slowww

Post by import_fan7 »

for sure..in the summer im always getting stares and people looking twice because they dont see too many modded mx3's around here..well mx3's period for that matter....i love mine! and plan on keeping it for as long as it lets me
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

I'm well aware that a MX-3 isn't a favorite to built up.. Then again why follow the status quo

be different im betting why most of u guys stick with a MX-3.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:I'm well aware that a MX-3 isn't a favorite to built up.. Then again why follow the status quo

be different im betting why most of u guys stick with a MX-3.
Mine was free, so yeah, I have almost no right to complain >_>

But the lack of real support means you have to custom-fab many things...which normally, two years or so ago, would not have been a problem for me :P
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Custom is the only way to go. I do not want the same set up as the guy next to me. There is nothing worse that a bunch of punk kids with civics and a few bucks. All they have to do is got to turbokits.com or something and buy it. No thinking, half of them have no idea what they have or how to use it. By planning a build you learn soooo much more. I have no respect for people who just buy a pre-fab'd kit... with a flashed ecu or already tuned emanage.

Shame.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Custom is the only way to go. I do not want the same set up as the guy next to me. There is nothing worse that a bunch of punk kids with civics and a few bucks. All they have to do is got to turbokits.com or something and buy it. No thinking, half of them have no idea what they have or how to use it. By planning a build you learn soooo much more. I have no respect for people who just buy a pre-fab'd kit... with a flashed ecu or already tuned emanage.

Shame.
Well said sounds like me..custom fabricating a turbo setup on my b6de...wont be hella fast but better then stock...i chose to go a more custom diffrent route then just slammin in a bpt....nothing wrong with a bpt motor just seeing how much i can get out of this lil b6!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

import_fan7 wrote:
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Custom is the only way to go. I do not want the same set up as the guy next to me. There is nothing worse that a bunch of punk kids with civics and a few bucks. All they have to do is got to turbokits.com or something and buy it. No thinking, half of them have no idea what they have or how to use it. By planning a build you learn soooo much more. I have no respect for people who just buy a pre-fab'd kit... with a flashed ecu or already tuned emanage.

Shame.
Well said sounds like me..custom fabricating a turbo setup on my b6de...wont be hella fast but better then stock...i chose to go a more custom diffrent route then just slammin in a bpt....nothing wrong with a bpt motor just seeing how much i can get out of this lil b6!

^ I agree! I'm building a turbo kit also =) but that is for next year!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

nate2k5 wrote:
monty73741 wrote:
nate2k5 wrote:theres no use trying to get new parts made because there will never be enough to make it worth it, the cars are becoming 13+ years old so there is not going to be an aftermarket explosion for a car thats about at the end of its aftermarket part making cycle

i really don't have a desire to work toward making one part that won't really help the car become quicker, its just my DD. i might be willing to purchase a cheaper intake, header, and exhaust but even simple boltons like these aren't made or are very hard to come across. poor tranny gearing and small powerbands are a couple other concerns

I don't feel like arguing with u, just sell u car & buy a honda....
i do have a honda, this mx-3 is my DD as i said
sell ur mx use a honda as ur dd
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

my whole turbo setup is all custom made.. no need to post most on here problay seem the turbo pic

but yeah suck there is a lack on parts for the mx-3.

oh well i good to be different
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

[quote="import_fan7"][quote="RS_OBD'oh_2"]Custom is the only way to go. I do not want the same set up as the guy next to me. There is nothing worse that a bunch of punk kids with civics and a few bucks. All they have to do is got to turbokits.com or something and buy it. No thinking, half of them have no idea what they have or how to use it. By planning a build you learn soooo much more. I have no respect for people who just buy a pre-fab'd kit... with a flashed ecu or already tuned emanage.

Shame.[/quote]

Well said sounds like me..custom fabricating a turbo setup on my b6de...wont be hella fast but better then stock...i chose to go a more custom diffrent route then just slammin in a bpt....nothing wrong with a bpt motor just seeing how much i can get out of this lil b6![/quote]

e-manage sucks period

BPT overrated (and no i don't have a BPT i have the regular BP-DE boosted)

B6's have some kick to them i know first hand..
nate2k5

Post by nate2k5 »

nate2k5 wrote:
sell ur mx use a honda as ur dd
don't think so, 15k into a car that is one of the most stolen ever, a CF lip, and a desire to the keep the engine and car mint are 3 reasons why i wouldn't do that

besides i bought the mx-3 for 400 and it does all i need from day to day...altho i hate the feel of the clutch, way too soft ha
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

burn the Honda and put the ins' money into the MX
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

No, give the MX-3 to me!

My biggest gripe is the lack of decent suspension components...
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Flyer wrote:No, give the MX-3 to me!

My biggest gripe is the lack of decent suspension components...

hell yeah to that

nate2k5
thats what u get for owning a honda..

the stole my neighbor 93 hatch which didn't have shyt in it.

left mines alone forgot the lock the doors..

who want to steal a MX-3.. LOL
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:who want to steal a MX-3.. LOL
Hi, I'll need your address. If you would be so kind to leave your registration and keys in the car, that would be super ;)
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Flyer wrote:
Limegreen mx-3 wrote:who want to steal a MX-3.. LOL
Hi, I'll need your address. If you would be so kind to leave your registration and keys in the car, that would be super

ya like i would do that..

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”