MX-3 Musicians and Jamers

Off-Topic Discussions
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

MX-3 Musicians and Jamers

Post by Kirk95gs »

This is a call out to all the MX-3 Musicians and people who just like to jam.. I'll start the tread off.

I would not be all means call myself a "Musician" but I love to play around. Oh by the way I have a Ibanez RG370DX Electric Guitar you can see Here
I also have a Ibanez AEL20EA Electric Acustic in Antique Cherry check it out HERE

I have a small peavey amp to drive them both..
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: MX-3 Musicians and Jamers

Post by Kirk95gs »

oh yeah,....I like to play anything from *Iron Maiden* my fave... to Brad Paisley ...love that alcohol song... :lol:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I play the violin but recently I have considered joining my friends band to give it a little sophistication lol :D
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Mooneggs wrote:I play the violin but recently I have considered joining my friends band to give it a little sophistication lol :D
NICE! :lol:

Violin man thats great.. would love to learn.. I think my next thing is the mandolin..
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am a drummer, and played in some garage bands in my youth, and more recently played in a prominent "Jump Blues" band. A couple of years ago, I learned to play guitar well enough to sing to girls, 'cause I was tired of the front guys getting all the play :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

hahaha Gold!...
Mx3Baker

Post by Mx3Baker »

I was a drummer.. i kinda got outta it since i been playin since i was born i never really had a band but i did go to alot of solo competitions and what not.
93 Mx-3 GS
5 SPD Conversion

Worklog at
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I've played piano, cello, flute, and ocarina
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I've been playing guitar for a couple years. Only more seriously in the last 6 months or so. Should be getting in a band soon.

My Gear:

ESP MH100QM with Ernie Ball Power Slinky 11-48 strings
Fender MA-2 Accoustic
Fender Squire Mini Electric

Fender Frontman 15W practice amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech RP80 Digital Multi Effects Pedal

I'm in the market for a new amp right now.... thinking about the Peavey ValveKing 212
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.c ... /ValveKing(R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)%20212%20Combo.cfm

Its probably way overkill for any shows I'd be playing though, so I might just go with a single 12. Not totally decided yet. I'll probably try out a few others first.

I play mostly metal and hard rock, but I like the softer stuff now and then. I've been practicing a lot of Black Sabbath and Metallica lately.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Get one that the volume goes to 11.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Alto, Tenor and Soprano sax but Alto is my main horn. One of em is pictured in my sig. Used to have a union card and played professionally, live gigs and some studio work, but have had a "day job" for many yrs cuz a guy's gotta eat right, lol. Still manage to play several gigs ea yr with friends and sit in w/other bands that need a horn. Sometimes riff on a tune @local pub's open mic nights "acapella" on the horn with no band accompaniment. Music includes everything from rock to classical but blues 'n jazz are favorites. Equip includes Yamaha EMX660 600W mixer amp and pr of pole mounted EAW FR152 spkrs. For outdoor gigs and other very large venues I use a schweet-sounding but too-massive beast of a 3-way cabinet - JBL MR938 that tips the scales @100 lbs and barely fits in the back of my car. Pickup is a pro model SD systems instrument mounted condenser mic that has a tripod clip-on design to position the mic over bell of the horns. It's the one in my sig pic. Wired model currently but hopefully going wireless this yr. EMX660 has decent built-in sound Fx but also hoping to add an Eventide Harmonizer Fx box to the equip set-up this yr. Here's a few pics from a gig June '07.
Image -Jim
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

neutral wrote: Used to have a union card and played professionally, live gigs and some studio work, but have had a "day job" for many yrs cuz a guy's gotta eat right, lol.
:lol: yeah I'm lucky I dont try to get paid for playing.. I would have been dead years ago... I never played in any gigs.. bring out the acustic at a house party maybe.. mostly just screwing around with a couple friends.. Carting around all the gear can be a pain in the A$$... I help my father-in-law out seting up and with the gear around the Maritimes in Canada... Have fun on the road trips.. see some crazy stuff..lol..
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

ElectricEnergy wrote:
I'm in the market for a new amp right now.... thinking about the Peavey ValveKing 212
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.c ... /ValveKing(R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)%20212%20Combo.cfm

Its probably way overkill for any shows I'd be playing though, so I might just go with a single 12. Not totally decided yet. I'll probably try out a few others first.
looks like a nice amp.. I would just go to a music shop and try out a couple that you are interested in.. same style diffrent brands.. and go on from there.. Yamaha makes a couple nice ones.. its all personal prefrence though....

I play mostly metal and hard rock, but I like the softer stuff now and then. I've been practicing a lot of Black Sabbath and Metallica lately.

Fade to black was the fist song I learned haha... love the acustic part..
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

Hey i'm a musician. Kind of. Not in a band or anything, but i used to be. I've been in 3 of them. I was drummer, guitarist, and bass. And beleive it or not...i was singing in each position!
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Im a trumpet player.. been playing for almost 20 years. Been in a few orchestras and several bands.

Yes I was a band nerd, but I married a cheerleader;)

Return to “Off-Topic”