Problem with temp sensor and battery?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
nate2k5

Problem with temp sensor and battery?

Post by nate2k5 »

ok so last night i was driving and my battery charge light came on then i looked over and saw that my coolant gauge was all the way to hot. i have had this problem with my integra before where the battery cable was loose and caused the coolant guage to go all the way to hot and the abs light to come on. it does have a partially blown headgasket but it has never gone all the way to the H. i pulled the car over and opened the rad cap and barely a hiss emerged and the coolant on the cap was cold. any ideas?
mortenmorfar

Re: Problem with temp sensor and battery?

Post by mortenmorfar »

Don't drive with a damaged headgasket, it could/will damage your motor, if the coolant isen't hot, are you sure there is any left in the car ?
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

just something to think about. your water pump and alternator run off the same belt. If the belt comes off it will do exactly what you said. You may have already checked that, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

ya someone else has a post in the 4cyl section with the same problem i think. the alt/waterpump belt going out. usually if the charge light and overheating at the same time. easy check. have you done a compression test on the motor? check for leaks, and check to see if you have air in your system.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”