Please Help FAST!!!!

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
MazdaMan85

Please Help FAST!!!!

Post by MazdaMan85 »

ok I am going to do a mtx swap this summer. I changed the filter and fluid in my car a week ago because it was shifting wierd. Now I left work and went to the store to get gas. Left and everything was fine. Drove for about 10 miles and stopped at a stop sign and the car quit. Started back up fine and reved fine. Put it back in drive and it stalled again. So no when I go to stop I gotta put it in N. And to get it to drive I have to put it in gear and give it was before it dies. Not good for the atx. There is a check engine code 25 which is pressure regulator control soneniod. That has been there for a while and this did not happen. So what is wrong with me beast??
Raven95150

Re: Please Help FAST!!!!

Post by Raven95150 »

Does it die just as if it were a manual and you stopped without pushing in the clutch? If so, it sounds like your torque converter is locked up. You may just want to do that MTX swap sooner than you planned.
No more MX-3
2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT
95 F-150...6" lift, 35" tires
MazdaMan85

Re: Please Help FAST!!!!

Post by MazdaMan85 »

ok thanks for the reply. But is there anyway to fix this problem?? Do I have to take the tranny out to fix it?? thanks

Return to “Transmissions”