injector question *solved*

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
eyezpinned

injector question *solved*

Post by eyezpinned »

anyone know what injectors can be dropped into a 4cyl without having to adjust fuel pressure?
Last edited by eyezpinned on February 2nd, 2008, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
eyezpinned

Re: injector question

Post by eyezpinned »

let me clarify: stock are 186cc @ 13.5 i can get a set of 212 cc @ 13.5 ohms... thatd work, right?
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

why? I doubt you are maxing out the ones you have.
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

i have an oppurtunity to get a set for a lot cheaper then replacing stock
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

You'll be running 12% richer, meaning gas mileage will go to the dumps. What is wrong with the ones you have now?
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

one of mine is leaking... and im just getting the idea that they need an overhaul. pep boys quoted me at $130 for their cleaning service. i can get a cleaned/tested set for $50 what if i dropped to 162 cc? he's got a set of the 162 cc gray tops too (the injector calc says i can go as low as 149 cc w/ my stock set-up).
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

the SOHC is 189, the DOHC is 212.

212 is good for up to about 125-130HP.

Unless you're turbo'ing any of the two engines, you won't need to up the injectors higher than their stock.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
eyezpinned

Re: injector question *solved*

Post by eyezpinned »

i went to meinekie to have my injectors cleaned and was telling the guy about my symptoms: bad fuel economy, acceleration problems, erratic idle. he basically made a good argument for my cat being the culprit so i gave him the green light on a high-flow cat. ive only driven it back from the shop, but all drivability issues are gone. not sure about the gas mileage, but im anticipating it will be better. BOTTOM LINE: not swapping out my injectors, seems as though the cat was the source of the problem. thanks for the feedback

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”