RX7 Tranny

Other - General Mazda Discussions
zzzoomx3

RX7 Tranny

Post by zzzoomx3 »

ok i just found an awesome deal - well i hope it is - on an 87 RX7 - the dude tells me it just needs a new clutch and he has bought it already just didnt install it - how hard is it to put a new clutch in on the RX7?

im going to go look at it tomorrow - and listen to the motor - he says it still runs.

but for 1000 bucks - it looks like an awesome ride..and i just might buy it and hold off on the KLZE~ swap
TREVO123

Re: RX7 Tranny

Post by TREVO123 »

well my buddy pulled his hole tranny in under an hr,, so a few hrs,, very easy to do on a RWD car.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

yeah - i've replaced a clutch on a rear wheel toyota once and it was pretty easy -but i just wanted to make sure. i cant believe the deal i'm getting on this car.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

As much as i don't know how good a deal $1000 is...., i'd be a lil cautious, rotaries can get pretty expensive if poorly maintained
lol! listening to it ain't gonna do much good, they're supposed to sound like crap! :mrgreen:

87? is that a series 4?
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

Aston Wards wrote:As much as i don't know how good a deal $1000 is...., i'd be a lil cautious, rotaries can get pretty expensive if poorly maintained
lol! listening to it ain't gonna do much good, they're supposed to sound like crap! :mrgreen:

87? is that a series 4?
the blue book on the car is 1200 in fair condition - i'd pay 1000 for it as it is. its going to strictly be for racing anyway - and the engine replaced with a turbo rotary - so with that being said - its a good deal :D and this rotary doesnt sound like crap at all - cant even hear the thing when its running and drives very nicely..

Return to “General Mazda”