Fogging

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
VizualXTC

Fogging

Post by VizualXTC »

It's been a pretty harsh winter so far in northern Utah, and so I use my heater all the time. The only problem is my windows fog up worse than ANY car I have EVER been in before. It's also a b---- to get them to dry up again. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there any way to fix it? I think I may have a window seal that is leaking so maybe that's the prob. Any info would be GREATLY apreciated. Thanks
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
back alley

Re: Fogging

Post by back alley »

the manual says to put on your air conditioner to clean up fogged windows in humid climates - adjust to heat your car instead of cool- use heat lever.<BR>hth
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

trust me this is the trick....instead of having your car on recurculated air set it to the vent with the heater (you know the setting where it looks like air is comming in from out side) and the windows will stay absolutly clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
white fish

Post by white fish »

cavemans right if its cold or raining here and I switch mine from fresh air to recycle air it will fog up in like 3 seconds<P>use the fresh air setting ;)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Kewl, I'll try it. Thanks for the info peeps
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Josh Fxcking Blair

Post by Josh Fxcking Blair »

I heard that the Rain-X no fog stuff is suppossed to work. I purchased some the other day, but haven't had a chance to put it on yet. Also, if your windshield is frosted over, <I>do not</I> crank your defrost. The cold air from the outside conflicting with the hot air from the inside can cause problems (i.e. cracks in your windshield getting worse). Again, put Rain-X on it and this suppossedly helps out with frost too. Oh yeah, don't scrap your side-view mirrors either. They'll scratch. I'm not sure what to do to get the frost off, I just know not to scrap them.<P><BR>-Josh "Trapped Under Ice" Blair.
My anti-drug is <I>bourbon</I>.
axess

Post by axess »

About the rain-x, I think it's just for windshield washer, I might be wrong, but if not then it's of no help for interior fog... I get this problem too, it does help to set the heater to fresh air instead of recycled. for the side mirrors, if you are scared of scrapping them, just put your hand on them for a couple of seconds and it will melt the frost right off. I have to say this is the only think I don't like about the MX, it's really tough to get a clear view when it's hummid or rainning, to bad I don't have a/c :)<P>Good luck! Merry Chrismas and Happy new year too all :D
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”