running lean still, grrr...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Re: running lean still, grrr...

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

andy wrote:I have a 255 lph pump vs your 190 lph pump.
According to what I thought, the 12:1 FMU should
create more fuel pressure than my 8:1. 12:1 means that the
FMU will raise the fuel pressure 12psi for every pound of boost.
My 8:1 FMU will cause you to run more lean.
I highly doubt the fuel filter will help.
An afpr would be a good addition and give you more control
of the fuel pressure.

Andy
correcto.... i listened to andy and my ZE has been boosting for months now with out any major problems....
honestly i think your fpr is limiting the amount of fuel you are delivering to your engine...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
se7en

Post by se7en »

okay, I will buy that next!

I hope that works, I am gettin pissed at spending money to get this thing to run right! :)

I'd like to start doing more mods/upgrades, not fixing this turbo mod :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

you can thank andy for this one... this is what mine looks like at idle... i got it from him.... just and thing from ebay for a civic... before you purchase email me ( elbomberito@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) and i will get online and send you a link to the EXACT BOLT ON ONE THAT YOU NEED!

good luck pimp... stay off boost till you get that thing... trust me...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

ohhh yeah.... that is not at start up idle either... that is what you want it at during regular driving conditions... at start up when cold it will probably shoot up to about 40 but thats fine as long as after it warms up and is ready for regular driving/pounding/racing/ whatever... as long as its at that ....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
se7en

Post by se7en »

so you mean I just order the afpr for a civic? will the adapter bolt on to our fuel rail?

that would be handy.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
andy

Post by andy »

This is why it is hard to give advice without knowing every little detail.
Why are you running a klde VAF?
That is not what I was running and that will make a difference across the board.
My setup: stock ECU, stock VAF, stock TPS set at .45v, stock timming,stock distr, stock clutch,
from there it gets custom: t3/t4 57trim,38mm open wastegate,BOV,AFPR(as shown in picture)
255lph,220cc inj,8:1 FMU, millenia intake,60mm k8 bored TB,vris tied open,under drive pulley,
2.5 in mandrel bent exhaust,no cat,no res, 2 1/2in in/out aero chamber muffler, 2 steps colder spark plugs
gaped at .028 in. semi synthetic 10w30 oil, always ran premium fuel, always changed my oil within 3000 miles.
intercooler with 2.5 in pipping, homemade boost controller.

even at 10 - 12 psi I still feel that I always ran rich. based on the black clouds of smoke when boosting and
that cheasy narrow band gauge. Plus When checking my spark plugs they were always showing a rich condition.
I had 50k miles on that setup and going strong. Never boosted in 5th gear.

I'm in the market for another MX-3, GS model, I've decided to build a better sleeper. This means I won't be
selling off my stuff.

Thanks
Andy
se7en

Post by se7en »

I'm only running the klde vaf because my k8 one broke.... ::(
My Feedback
andy

Post by andy »

The klde VAF is definitely calibrated for the 2.5L motors. I don't remember
exactly what the effect is from using one on the K8 Ecu.
I just don't know if it will cause you to run richer or leaner.

Andy
se7en

Post by se7en »

I will try a k8 vaf after I go to the junkyard this weekend.

if that fixes it, I will be a happy dude!

I also will buy some more de injectors, because I just noticed that my rear injectors are not within spec on my ohm meter.

range is around 15ohms, and the front are right there, but the rears are more like 25-27ohms.

maybe that is my prob...??

hopefully that will fix my problems.

cheers

My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well what does your wideband say? WIDEBAND watch the wideband!! you cant be boosting it everyday like me without looking at the wb!! Its all about flooring it all the time !! :evil:

and getting tickets :crying:
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

and rudy bro, you need a wideband too, get one ! :/ I dont see how you could be boosting all the time without an intercooler and any long term effects of not knowing your afs. Dont want to end up saying I told you do. Andy step up here! :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
andy

Post by andy »

I did have an intercooler, and I agree that a wideband is a great addition to any setup.
But I did successfully boost 10 psi for over two years (50k miles) without one. It can be done
you just have to be smart about it.
Now with that said I will use one with my next setup along with megasquirt.
Andy
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

this one is the one you need.... you will notice that one the part that bolts up to the fuel rail the nipple and the opening line up.... thats the one you need....

this one is the right one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FPR-Univ ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this one is the wrong one .... you see the difference in the adapters....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-Pre ... otohosting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, I see....the wrong one is offset.

I bidded on it already....I will buy it now if they respond to my email fast enough.

thanks powered.

My Feedback

Return to “Forced Induction”