Buying off ebay?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Jepha

Buying off ebay?

Post by Jepha »

Hey guys, I tried searching but i didn't really find anything about this. I was just wondering do a lot of you guys/girls order off eBay/eBay motors. I want to but i'm the first time "spectacle" buyer :P. Did any of you guys get ripped? What happens if your parts don't fit? I want to buy a new steering wheel and gauges.

I also was wondering say if an item has 3 days left for bidding but has buyout there, and i buy it out. Do they still wait for those days to pass before sending the item?

Is what I'm looking at buying right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JET-86-9 ... 0017747131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i567-92- ... 0215681913" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sorry ahead of time if I posted in the wrong section.
Raven95150

Re: Buying off ebay?

Post by Raven95150 »

I buy stuff on ebay all the time, and have sold a few things as well. I have never had a problem with anything. Make sure you are dealing with people that have a history of positive feedback and you shouldn't have any problems. I try to deal only with people that accept payment via Paypal, it seems to be the easiest way of paying for things and you have some protection, rather than just sending off some money to someone or giving them a credit card #. Also, always double check that the item you are buying will work for your intended application. Email the seller and ask any questions before bidding and ask for pictures if needed. Most sellers will not allow returns, it is your responsibility to make sure it will work before buying. Many sellers are very good about shipping quickly and will ship ASAP if you use Buy It Now. You should notice this if you read their feedback, people will leave comments like "fast shipping."

I do like those gauges, I have been thinking about buying a set for a while.
No more MX-3
2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT
95 F-150...6" lift, 35" tires
Jepha

Post by Jepha »

Same here, i just officially bought them. 35.01 something like that bought and shipped not bad at all imo.

Hmm does anyone know if that steering wheel will fit an mx3? Sure it says it does but hmmm :(.
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

I think if the boss hub they have is for the mx-3 then its allright....steering wheels are pretty much universal..and ya stick with power sellers...but steering wheels from what I know if you choose 'pcv leather' rather than real leather its just a pain when you sweat and stuff and they stink after you use it for a while....but yea...
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

That wheel might be much smaller than the stock. Make sure to get confirmation on the dia first. IMO, those guages look like crap. Do it right... Check out speedhut and custom make them. Sure it seems like a good deal. Personally I'd spend 100 on something good b4 20 on a POS. I did buy a similar wheel and hub. I do regret it. Should have just gone with momo instead of ebay.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i bought those exact gauges for my mx3 - it was a good deal and came quick.
OldMan

Post by OldMan »

If the auction has a buy it now listing, it ends as soon as you make payment for the item. Most times they require immediate payment on buy it now.

You can make some good buy's on ebay, just make sure and research what you are looking for. As stated above make sure you are buying from someone who has an excellent feedback rating. I usually read through their feedback to see what other's experiences have been with the seller.

OldMan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”