cold air intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MgXs3

cold air intake

Post by MgXs3 »

Im about to buy a cold air intake but its for a 93-96 probe gt/ mx6. It comes with a maf adapter and all the couplings. does anyone know if it will fit? i dont see why not but im just checking. heres a link to see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-Ma ... 0186991570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
lowflyinmx3

Re: cold air intake

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

that one don't look like it will fit. their battery is in a different place than ours and that where we need to put ours. just my 2 cents
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

yep
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

people here are gonna jump u for a question like this and the "search" function.... most people order the acura 2 piece intake, its like 30 bucks this [img][/imhttp://cgi.ebay.ca/COLD-AIR-FILTER-INTAKE-SYSTEM-90-91-93-ACURA-INTEGRA-BK_W0QQitemZ150207375184QQihZ005QQcategoryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemg] the type.. u have to trim it a bit butit works fine, theres a how to in the faq section
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

yea i know u can get the integra one but i dont think any of those come with a maf adapter or do they? i could be wrong.
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

why do you need a maf adapter? thats what the couplings are for...

go to home depot and get you a 3" to 2.5" (what ever size the CAI pipe) is adapter for 2 dollars
Last edited by Mnemonic on January 25th, 2008, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

the ones i was looking at only came with 2 coupling 2 pipes a filter and a rubber house. i almost bought one from hharb but he sold it.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Look through this thread and you'll see there are a variety of CAI solutions. Almost as many as there are MX-3 owners.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The most common type of CAI is a bit of tubing going fromt he Throttle Body to the VAF and then a second bit of tubing going usually down into an area where it can suck up some cooler air. It is generally felt that the VAF shoud be kept in more or less the same orientation and attitude as it is stock. The large vent tube up by the TB needs to be connected to the new cold air piping or you'll have problems, but the tube which gets disconnected to the stock airbox from the solenoid is typically not reconnected from what I've read.

there you go...hack away.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”