k8 engine knocking

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
o4_boyracer_no1_o5

k8 engine knocking

Post by o4_boyracer_no1_o5 »

i bought a 97 gs special edition....i had a 94 GS before so i know my way about the engine etc.

It was ok till i did an oil change ive put in fully synthetic oil into it....now i have a knocking around 2500-3000 rpm and when i accelerate ican hear it tapping away getting louder starting at 4k rpm

The noise is up top sounds like its the rear section in the centre....ive looked about for anything loose....but nothing went underneath no knocking down there....

just at a glance

Mechanic 1(my dad) - say its not getting a decent spark can anyone give me the link for the mod to do to the dizy.

mechanic 2 - big ends

mechanic 3 - big ends

mechanic 4 - possible worn cams or lifters

also oil that was in it before was black
so hopefully someone knows exactly what it is because im not to sure were to start now

thanks
JM1EC-V6

Re: k8 engine knocking

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Here on internet, a video would be the best.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

1st there's no 97 special edition, only made in 93. Id run some Sea foam throughout entire car and see if that helps.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Its normal, its the car asking for you to swap put that stock engine. klde or klze time
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

1997 Special Edition?? Hmmmmm....Ive heard of the odd black SE, but only from 1993...Does the car have HEATED/LEATHER SEATS AND THE LEATHER TRIM PACKAGE(STEERING WHEEL, SHIFT BOOT IS LEATHER TOO) at all? Is the car RASPBERRY METALLIC in color(COLOR CODE 6V)? Do the rims on YOUR the car look like the ones in the pic below? These are rims that ONLY came on the 1993 MX-3 25th Ann. Edition...

By dubspeed, shot with Canon PowerShot S3 IS at 2008-01-17

(this car is a 1992 MX-3 with 1993 MX-3 SPECIAL EDITION RIMS)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”