No low beams

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
maryus

No low beams

Post by maryus »

Hi , I own a Precidia Mx-3 i think is GS as it has V6 sign at the rear.

Now , my DRL runs trough head lamps (dont know if its normal) but my LOW BEAMS wont work at all , all i have is DRL and HB , no matter how much i play with the configurations of the control stick. I DO have a cable hanging around under the hood near the AIR filter on the right .. more precise , FRONT-RIGHT corner, it can be that one ??? should i connect it somewhere or my BULBS are not good ... I was thinking about that but then i said: Why when i switch to low beams i get nothing but a very small flash , but the lights stay the same (weak, like DRL) Any suggestions ? thank you.
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
jason5151

Re: No low beams

Post by jason5151 »

possibly just change your bulbs like 40 bucks or less at wal-mart..
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

The low beam filaments in your bulbs are burnt out. DRL's use the high beam filaments at a reduced voltage, that's why you have only high beams and DRL's. Replace your headlight bulbs.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
maryus

Post by maryus »

thx i will try it in the next week maybe.
i have to do a little research to see wich bulbs are the best .
maryus

Post by maryus »

Problem inexistent actually , the low beams where working from the begining. I was once in low beam position and i thought they are high beams, but because the light did not show up i was thinking is not good lol , so i always used the high beam position .

ups . :)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”