New to Mx-3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
DurTTy

New to Mx-3

Post by DurTTy »

Hi,

I have been an owner of 2 mx6s, both KLZE, CAMS FIDANZA FLYWHEEL LW CRANK, BORLA HEADERS, 2.5 BORLA Straight Etc...

now i have refined my tastes and drive an Audi TT Quattro with 300 HP AWHP T3/T4 stage 3 turbo etc.

ANYWAYS - so i always wanted a 3, so i went ahead and bought one as my winter/long trip/camping car. got it for 500 $

clutch is slippin, but it is only bad if i shift at high rpms, the stupid rear defrost button is not working but i can hear it clicking so im pretty sure the relay is fried, not sure since im not fimiliar with these cars. its a SOHC 1.6 1993 no options other than doors open, car starts and brakes work .. oh yea power mirrors.

Basically, i need to find out what are some common problems i should be looking for and what should i expect. i found a clutch and is on delivery for 60$ shipped. thank god for weak american $$ (sorry fellas, but the war is costing you guys a lot)

i am looking to do the job myself, can some1 point me to a write up for those who have done this or at least in the right direction, im scowering the online manual, in the meantime.
DurTTy

Post by DurTTy »

oh if any1 can also tell me where can i find the engine codes from the engine block, this would help me a lot in trying to soruce gaskets, parts, etc

thanks in advance
onesweet92mazda

Re: New to Mx-3

Post by onesweet92mazda »

i got one i have had for about 6 months.. im used to hondas lol..the head gaskets blow... and the trans like to go... they cant make any power... and the hatch sqeaks lol.. its a b6 engine from the info i have found.. i got anything u need im partin mine out soon.. im not puttin a trans in it lol
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

i have a 95 dohc(b6de)..not sure about the sohc's(b6me) problems but mine doesnt really have any problems or hasnt had any just regular matainance. as long as you do your regular stuff like oil,plugs etc the car should be fine but you did pay 500 for it so i would expect somethings to be goin on it...all i can really say is at least you got a manual tranny i got the auto tranny and it is a P.O.S im swapping it for a manual soon!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tazman7341

Post by tazman7341 »

i had the 93 sohc mx3 . i only had prob with the starter and altanater i got 320,k out of it befor the head let go and the valve seals whent too . great car good on gas and whent out in a cloud of smoke " a huge cloud " wacth you oil changes and norm work should be go to you for some time .. by the that car was my first love and sense bought 3 more 1.6 sohc 1.6 dohc and the 1.8 have fun with it youll love it :D

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”