NEED HELP REMOVING CRANK PULLEY

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hockey16

NEED HELP REMOVING CRANK PULLEY

Post by hockey16 »

was just curious how to remove the crank pulley not to sure ?????
Norwegian81

Re: NEED HELP REMOVING CRANK PULLEY

Post by Norwegian81 »

I'm guessing thet the problem is that it is wery tight.? I had the same problem and the only solution I found was to use a LARGE arigun to remove it.
There are howewer more dubios aproches to geting it loose, you will find more answers if you search for it but the best way is to buy or borrow a large
airgun so you can fasten it good aswell.

Hope this helps and is understandable ;)

regards
Norwegian81
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you can go the ghetto mexican way like i did... put a large breaker bar and make sure nothing is in the way except the gound(concrete) make sure car is in newutral, start the car and the breaker bar will undo the screw... however.. if you dont do it right you can possibly strip it! so be careful.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

you can go the ghetto mexican way like i did... put a large breaker bar and make sure nothing is in the way except the gound(concrete) make sure car is in newutral, start the car and the breaker bar will undo the screw... however.. if you dont do it right you can possibly strip it! so be careful.
^^^This^^^
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
se7en

Post by se7en »

yikes! :P
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

If its a manual you should be able to put the car in gear, and that will lock the motor up. Then put a breaker bar and long cheater bar on and you should be able to break it loose. Also you will probably need a puller to get the pulley on the crank. You can rent them for cheap from most auto parts stores.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”