Who's in the TN. / MS area?????

Mazda Mx-3 owners in the southeastern states.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

We all need to get together and eat at the steak n shake in cookeville! Or I know a lace with great wings out there...or great pizza rolls! Did I mention I used to goto school out there? Anybody been to cummins falls out there?

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Just saying Hi. I am in Boaz AL. Its located Between Huntsville and Gadsden. North of Birmigham. I have been on the site for many years, but couldnt find or remember my previous username and password. I was located in Bismarck ND when I was on my previous username. I moved to Alabama 4 years ago and have been reading and skimming the pages regularly.

Major Project upcomming. I have had my MX-3 since it was brand new. My grandfather bought it as my graduation gift in '92.

It looks like hell right now, I have put 224k miles on it and 3 motors. Time for ZE and major body overhaul. I am looking to rent/lease a shop/garage to work in around my area. Anyone in the area that needs a place to work on their cars that doesnt have a decent shop can look me up once I find one.

Got lots of toys like Wirefeed welder, tube benders, nice compressor (34 CFM) with paint guns. (kinda touch about others using paint guns since I have had others not clean previously owned guns that were not cleaned properly and ruined, but compressor and lines are open.) Next up is a Plasma torch.
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

Ok, So I am pretty sure that my transmission is entirely shot right now ( I am getting it checked out tomorrow and getting a quote on how much it will be to fix it) and was debating on reparing it or just getting a BP. If I go the BP route, is there anybody that knows of someone, or any place at that, who could help me/do the engine swap (Full swap: engine, tranny, axles, ecu wiring, etc.). I am not for sure if the damage is that dramatic, but if it is going to cost over 1200, I just want to slap a BP in.

Any help would be appreciated.
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Sell ya a complete non running SE for cheap if you want. You come get it.

Steve-O

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

I appreciate it, but the transmission fix didn't cost too much so I just fixed it. If something else "Dramatic" happens, I will definently pm you. Anyways, thanks for responding. Where is Alcoa anyways?
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Just south of knoxville.

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

Well dang. I was just up in Knoxville two weekends ago. Anyways, That is about a 2 1/2 hour drive away from me. hmm. I will let you know if I am heading out that way anytime soon. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

No problem dude.

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

Is anybody interested in going to Import Alliance this summer? This year it is being held at Nashville's Super Speedway on July 26th and 27th. Last July, there was about 1200 cars total, but there is supposed to be double that. Surely somebody would want to come with an Mx-3, seeing how I was the only one last year :(. The people organizing the event is working on drag and time attack trials. Please pm me or respond if anybody is interested.

p.s. There will be a large amount of Hondas (unfortunately)................
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

SSR Mx-3 wrote: p.s. There will be a large amount of Hondas (unfortunately)................
unfortunately the infestation is worse than we thought....

Anyways I'm interested in this if Im still in TN in the summer...
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

That sounds good. Despite the fact that you will be swimming in a sea of Hondas, there are a multitude of unique cars that I would have never even thought of seeing in person (ex. Skylines, 20b rx7s, TT Supras pushing over 600 hp to the wheel, and just crazy stuff). O well, we just need to get as many Mx-3ers as possible to go.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

SSR Mx-3

Re: Who's in the TN. / MS area?????

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

Anybody else other than Mooneggs and I up for Import Alliance this summer? It's about 20 minutes (max) from I-40, right off of 840. We need more Mx-3's to go.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Thats across state for me so I probably wont be going. Im about to start putting mx-3 flyers on local MX-3s to drum up people in the Knoxville area. is that legal? or allowed by the forum?

Steve-O

MyFeedBackThread
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

sk8erdude802 wrote:Thats across state for me so I probably wont be going. Im about to start putting mx-3 flyers on local MX-3s to drum up people in the Knoxville area. is that legal? or allowed by the forum?

Steve-O
Ha. You definitely have my consent for the flyers. I say do it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I was in Knoxville/Nashville area for 4 days last year. Kinda miss that place.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “SouthEast Mazda Owners Club”