FS: 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (KL) Parts Car

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

FS: 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (KL) Parts Car

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I recently crashed my 92' KL MX-3 (Manual Trans). Just smashed up the front passenger side enough to make it not worth repairing with my budget. Recently started it up after letting it sit for 3 months. Upon idle I discovered the car now has some engine tick. I believe it’s mainly due to the car sitting so long without the oil circulating. I replaced a quart of oil with Lucas oil treatment. After running the car for about 3 minutes the tick quieted down significantly. I will post a video so you can make your own judgment. As a result I am selling my KL MX-3 as swap supplement car (contains all parts need for KL swap, Excellent Trans, Centerforce DF Clutch, Filled Mounts, Probinator ECU, Pacesetter Exhaust, SS Autochrome Headers and much more). I believe it to be a ZE/DE hybrid it has KL-1A1 heads but the compression tests out in the range of ZE numbers as well as its performance in the ¼ mile was that of true ZE engines. The compression tested out to 195-215 across the board. It has the curve neck intake manifold (square runners). There is a stamp on the block that contains a KL31. The engine is from a 97+ Millenia or Eunos 800 (thanks alldata). Never got the car dynoed but with the mentioned mods I was hittin 14.79's@94.5 mph all night (All season tires w/ k801 ecu) (With current ecu and better tires could easily break into mid 14's). The car would come with all mods listed. I only put 20k on the engine (which was supposed to be at 35k-50k when I received it). As a result of the accident the front end of the vehicle was damaged as shown in the pictures below. I am not selling this as a car to be road ready unless you have welding talent. I have zero problems with parting out the vehicle as long as there is enough interest to make it worthwhile. PLEASE SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. I am also willing to sell the car whole for 600. If your interested (SERIOUSLY ONLY) feel free to email me at Nicholas.street@crossmark.com or call me 269-720-3067.

The upgrades included are:
SS Autochrome headers to (Pacesetter no rust) 2.25 mandrel bent catback exhaust.
Probinator ECU (Love It)
Filled Motor Mounts
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Seats (Excellent Condition Very Comfortable)
Cold Air Intake (K&N Filter)
Tires have about 10k on them (Grip Perfectly)
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (Grabs like new)

Heres what the car needs to be road ready again:
Some Head Work (Or just replace with KL31 heads)
Gas Tank (Hole at halfway mark possibly patchable)
New Brake Lines
New Pads + Rotors
Framework front accident
Knock Sensor
Wheel Bearing
Radiator
Hood

(Due to the parts required I am selling it as a parts car)
(Visual Stuff)
New Passenger Side Headlight
Passenger Side Fender
Front Bumper

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/ ... V00038.flv"]http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/ ... V00038.flv
(The mic in the video is extremely sensitive the car is much quieter than it appears. Also please watch the full video the tick significantly quiets down in the second half of the vid)

If you need pictures of anything feel free to email me.

Heres a full engine bay picture from before the accident. This is how the engine looks right after a cleaning (degreaser pressure wash) makes it shine.

92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
By Spring 06: Megasquirt and FPR
By Fall 06: KL-31 Heads with Interprep Cams
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Nick is a good guy , Free bump .

I've had many excellent transactions with him :2thumbsup:
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

PM sent
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey im interested in a few small things... I need the PINS that hold the brank fluid tank.

And the dash.. if not at least the center console where the radio goes. I would really love the dash.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I can probably do the brake fluid pins... as for the dash PM me with an offer and we can talk shipping...
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Does the 2.25 mandrel bent exhaust have a resonator aswell?

What type of resonator and CAT does it have?
Does the CAT have any problems? Pass emissions?
Are both the CAT and Resonator 2.25" inches?
How long is the CAT and resonator?

I'll give you $55 for the Probinator ECU
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I'll let you know the stats on the exhaust later today Juan. As well as have some pictures.

Also if anyone is interested I have a Curve Neck (Square Runners) intake in immaculate condition which I will be removing today. I'm asking 150 plus shipping...
Juans_93_MX3

Re: FS: 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (KL) Parts Car

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Any news on the part car?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

Had to relocate it to a different garage... which throws a lil delay on it but parts should start flying off monday....
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well on the brake resevoir pins? i need those bad :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hey if your still willing to sell the parts I had listed or havent sold them, just sent me a PM
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hey I sent you a PM back.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”