Alright Lets get this started

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
mx3autozam

Alright Lets get this started

Post by mx3autozam »

A little earlier than last year but we have a few thing to change possibly.

last years 10th Annual Missisaga MX-3 meet was a success. We got ncie weather and a good attendance.

So the questions is now. We have had it at the same location for 10years in a row. Do we need to change or not? the Lakefront promenade is perfect if you ask me. Its a nice big open area right on the lake. Its in Missisauga, the general area of this club. Should we move it somewhere else?

For next year I would like to have it in a Park with grass and possibly a BBQ. Another plan would be to setup our own autocross in a big parking lot and have some fun, but that would eliminate the BBQ parts which i think is a great idea, and there might be some legal issues with that. Some people may not like that. Last year we also had a Cruise it was scheduled for the next day but ended up be postponed untill Canada but that was a huge success and I had blast.

I do not think merging this with another event is a good idea. Meeting of the Mazda's and CSCS was good but should not have been merged. More people just watched thsoe B series Hondas rip down the track than anything else. So people post up any suggestions and if you know anywhere else to host this annual meet.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well I still have yet to make it to a meet! ahaha all I want is a bunch of MX-3's in a nice park that can have alot of pics taken! And to finish it off a nice cruise! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

when would this be ?
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

if we have a bbq, there are special licenses that are required. autocrossing would b a legisitcs nightmare for anyone who hasn't organized it b4.

i think how we have it now is perfect, and we cannot b hassled.

last year i checked with parks and rec, and they said that if a group of ppl who happen to drive the same car, happen to park in the same spot, there's nothing they can do to kick us out if we behave. but if we start having open flames and such, then there'd b fees.

we tried changing the format once, it didn't work. if we want to add things to it (like the cruise), it should b associated with it, but seperate (like the cruise).

the tried tested and true promenade meet should stay the staple until it no longer gets sufficient numbers imo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, I don't mind hosting a BBQ and leading a cruise again, question is, do you guys mind crusing down my way, as well, do we do it all on the same day or split it up across 2 days?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

two days personally.....after a day in the sun, ppl don't wanna really drive too much
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I would not mind Niagara that much, only because I get to do some cross-border shopping...evne better if I get that job with Canada Border Services...

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”