Dim headlights

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Raivynn

Dim headlights

Post by Raivynn »

I'm having trouble with my headlights and other lights. The low beams are getting dimmer and dimmer each time I use them. It's to the point where it always looks like I have a headlight (or two!) out! Also, when I hit my brakes, ALL my lights dim (interior included). <P>What do I need to check?
Jesse

Re: Dim headlights

Post by Jesse »

Sounds like you are having a problem with your alternator not supplying power to your accesories. You are probably using battery power to run everything now. Check your connections on your battery (positive and ground)and those running to the alternator. Also verify if the alternator is functional.
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Well, the battery is corroding quite badly (there's that white stuff running down the side of the battery, and my battery has been making strange noises after I shut the car off). Would that have anything to do with it? My boyfriend is gonna test everything when he gets his multimeter (Christmas present from his mom. *L*) <BR>Are MX-3's bad about alternator/alternator belts? If they are...I'm guessing that's what's wrong with this one. <BR>It's just a pain in the a-- when I'm driving at night (and I do so on a regular basis now), and especially when it rains. <P>"Any help would be, uh, umm...very......uh, well, helpful...?" -- King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail :D
Esper

Post by Esper »

make sure you haven't broken the alternator belt. is yuor A/C working? when mine blew the first clue was that the air conditioning was blowing warm air. everything started shutting down a few hours of highway driving later. definetely check the whole battery/ alternator area.
Dude.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

mine did the same damn thing, and i changed my battery and it fixed it, although i need a new belt cause mines a squeaky pos :) but im swappin my engine soon so its ok, but ur battery is leakin, get a new one, and u should be fine, im 99% positive
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”