Did my car come with A/C?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MgXs3

Did my car come with A/C?

Post by MgXs3 »

I just bought a 92 mx3 GS and it has no a/c and there is a cover over where the a/c button would go and it looks like there was the parts for a/c but was there a option when buying a GS to not have a/c? Or could some one tell me where to look for the wiring that would tell if they took it out.
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

No, I'm pretty sure all gs's have ac. In order to bypass mine I needed to get a 626 belt. But don't be mad about it. He did you a favor. I'm guessing you have a k8 right? You don't want that wussy stuff drawing power from your already weak engine. I look at it as weight reduction.

The way I look at it is the mx-3 is my fun car. But then I have a truck with all the toys. If I wanna get cooled off in the mx-3 erm... it has a sunroof and it goes really fast. I'm satisfied with that :D
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

yeah i have the k8. yeah it is a favor so i dont mind it i was just wondering if they did delete it. Yeah its better for me so thats good. now i just want to see iff they did it right or just half assed it.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

You can also look in the engine bay to see if the a/c lines are still connected as well as a/c compressor and condenser
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My GS doesn't have A/C, but apparently it was a dealer install option, so the car is pre-wired for it. I know I have the wires for the A/C switch behind the cover as well.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:My GS doesn't have A/C, but apparently it was a dealer install option, so the car is pre-wired for it. I know I have the wires for the A/C switch behind the cover as well.
OK good then im ok i think the car just came with out it then. That explains the wire that are there.

Thanks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”