Adj. fuel pressure regulator

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
94mxthree

Adj. fuel pressure regulator

Post by 94mxthree »

Would running one help the performance of the motor?.Would running a higher pressure help at all?.Need some feedback thanks.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

depends on your mods, if stock... no
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

What if i got bigger fuel injectors with a different intake,would that justify adjusting the pressure?.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

NO if ur boosted thats a different story..

and if u put bigger injectors what management would u use to control them

because putting larger injectors on the stock ECU might make ur ECU go out of control.

and what do u mean by different intake

intake manifold
cold air intake (CAI)

there's a lot more to performance than just slapping it on research and search for what ur trying to do. I did and well im happy with what i got..

Like this u can't have all three

Cheap
FAST
Reliable

U can be Cheap and Fast but not Reliable

U can be FAST and Reliable but not Cheap

U can Reliable and Cheap but not Fast

U can't have all three
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

Talking about a intake manifold,sheet metal type,asap going to buy one off a member here,but i was just wondering,if i went with a cai with the new intake manifold,adj fuel reg. and injecters would it make a difference?.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

94mxthree wrote:Talking about a intake manifold,sheet metal type,asap going to buy one off a member here,but i was just wondering,if i went with a cai with the new intake manifold,adj fuel reg. and injecters would it make a difference?.
i guess u didn't read what i wrote

what size injectors and how would u control them
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

No i read it,i was just posting what i had in mind,you asked what kind of intake,so i explained the rest of what was on the mind,but thanks for the input,lol least i know its a lost cause.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

94mxthree wrote:No i read it,i was just posting what i had in mind,you asked what kind of intake,so i explained the rest of what was on the mind,but thanks for the input,lol least i know its a lost cause.
u might have explain ur intake but nothing on ur injectors
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

you wouldnt need crazy big injectors for the intake mani, CAI exhaust.....

I would say a set of BP injectors would be fine and to control them i would use a Apex-i SAFC!!! But you wouldnt really need injctors or management to run the intake becaue the stock injectors are not maxed out and the ECU is setuo to be running a little rich for engine safety anyways, so the intake CAI would compensate and make for a better ratio!!!
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

Sounds good,just need to figure out what to do on my exhaust to open it up a lil bit.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

do not mess with your fuel system unless you have some sort of forced induction. No, "ram air" does not count.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

run a 2"-21/4" front to back with a hi-flow cat converter!!
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

I'm thinking about 2 1/4 all the way,just don't know what muffler would sound the best,looking for a deep mellow tone,I'm not to big on the rice sound.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

then u'll have to buy a decent muffler a cheap one will sound like RICE..
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

Which mufflers on the market are decent?.That will look and sound good on a lil 4 banger?.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”