Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T car is totaled

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
andy

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T car is totaled

Post by andy »

Its been a great run. My MX-3 was rear ended on Monday which then shot me into a tree. I'm bruised and sore but fine otherwise. The car is a foot shorter in the rear and 1' & half shorter in the front. I haven't even popped the hood yet, its jammed shut, to be able to asses the turbo parts damage.
The intercooler is a pancake. The car still runs but the motor has shifted and I can't shift into 1st,3rd or 5th.
I have the car in my driveway and may part it out but not until the insurance has been settled.
I'm going to be out of the MX-3 forums from here on and focus on something newer, not sure what yet.

I should have a great deal on a turbo system in the near future. Provided the front headers aren't damaged.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Sorry for your loss man. I know the feeling.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Glad to see you survived.
se7en

Post by se7en »

holy sh!t !!!

That's too bad. :(

sorry to hear that andy.

I am glad to hear that you are okay though, I guess it shows how safe these cars are .......

be well in the future.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Damn dude that sucks. I would mad.

Is the other person's insurance going to cover everything. They deserve a serious a-- beating
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

That sucks bad. I agree, the person that rear ended you needs a good beatin'. Why don't you salvage your turbo setup and put it in a newer mx3? Just a thought if you were gonna stay in the MX market. I was also kinda interested how you worked out with the K8 turbo setup. Good luck with everything man.

Brian
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”