Coolant and oil leak.....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3zoom

Coolant and oil leak.....

Post by mx3zoom »

got two questions maybe someone had this prob, it's a 1993 mx3 and it just started leaking coolant, not too much but enough, it leaks over by the resuvour and it only does it when it's cold, once the car starts running it don't do it all day, it will do it overnight, but only if it gets kinda cold, and i live in texas, so it might hit low 50's over night, but during the day it's good as new, and then their is a small oil leak, same spot every day, and it's the size of an old school dollar coin, it leaks off of the oil pump, but i tightend the pump and it still conintues to leak, and it drips down the same side and drips off the same little spot on the oil filter everyday... any help?
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

You win the award for the longest sentence EVER!!!

I am confused on your oil leak. You said it is leaking from the oil pump? Than you say it is leaking down and dripping off the oil filter? Also how did you tighten the oil pump? It is a complete pain to access because of all the timing components and belts. When it comes to an oil leak the easiest thing to do is get under the car and trace where the oil is coming from. It is impossible for us to tell you where your car leaks from over the internet. Time to get your hands dirty and look for yourself. If you are still confused take some pictures and post them up here.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

check hose that goes into oil cooler it might leak there (mine has small leak I've gotta fix)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
teribble

Post by teribble »

That a really problem with that oil cooler. I think everyone has at one time had that problem.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”