Quich clutch/flywheel interchange question.

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
lazzer408

Quich clutch/flywheel interchange question.

Post by lazzer408 »

For now I'm running my '94 B6 with a turbo. I might consider a BP(t?) swap later. I also own a '94 Miata and I machined the ring weight off the back of the flywheel and it gave it a good feel without actually buying a lightweight flywheel. My question is... If I only have a 200hp goal for the MX-3 is a 'upgraded' 1.6 clutch ok or am I better off swapping in another flywheel from say a 1.8L Miata? or something else? The reason I ask is that it's very common for owners of 1.6L Miatas to swap in the 1.8L flywheel and clutch. Is it that easy for the MX-3?

My Miata is doing 250rwhp on a Napa clutch. =) Go figure.
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

If you are going to put the miata flywheel into the B6, you will also have to use the Miata Clutch assembly as well. Then it should work.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

what are u trying to do.

is u use the 1.8 bp flywheel on a B6 dohc u'll have to use a bp clutch and g-series trans form a protege lx or the other models that use a BP engine..

reason why becuase the trans shaft on ur f-series will not work with ur bp clutch.. bp is a 22 spline f-series is a 20 spline.. g-series is a 22 spline.

u can use a 1.6 miata flywheel and clutch act but ull have to use a mx-3 clutch disc.

that was my clutch setup when i was use a f-series. its held up to 18psi or if u ever look into my turbo setup.. nearinf 300whp is no joke..

well if u have any ? on what ur trying to do i have interchange and frackinstain what i thought i could with the Mx-3..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Transmissions”