Im done

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

no, i was detonating with the stock ze injectors and fmu, its a cosmo afpr. Not siue if its rising rate.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

hgallegos915 wrote:no, i was detonating with the stock ze injectors and fmu, its a cosmo afpr. Not siue if its rising rate.
An FMU(in the traditional sense,vortech ect..) is nothing but a Rising rate fpr . Dif name same thing. http://www.racetep.com/begireg.html

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

300 miles and driving fine. Except clutch is going, got my replacement from wagze tho. It doesnt smoke at all anymore. yepee!!!!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

nice work Hec!

I hope to say the same thing in the upcoming weeks.

btw: are you using the ebay turbo?(t04h)
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah I am, the plan is styill to replace it. after the clutch thats the next thing, then i can start megasquirting and up it to 7 psi.

Removing vris this weekend.

The ebay turbo was good at first but the seals were to crappy for the oil pressure restrictor i had and a small oil drain line. When i got it inspected at a shop, they said the middle was good, so were the bearings, i replaced them for garret internals except the shaft , (had that inspected) and its good.

Still its wise to change it out for a name brand.

Dont forget the oil drain line, thats VERY VERY important lol. My priginal line was to small, even a number 2 pensil could not go in the bung.
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

...about the oil pressure restrictor, what did you use?

also, is it hard to change the seals?

one other thing, where does the boost start coming in with this turbo?

thanks

ps, I sure hate waiting for ebay stuff to get here. In canada, everything takes forever!!
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

my smokes for the first minute or so... white.... really white... then chills out ... then i drive it... and i hit boost and it smokes again... after that... coast is clear no smoke no nothin.... those garrett people and their humor....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yours does that too? that makes me feel good (not beucas of the flaw) but because i guess its normal. Mine does the exact same thing dude!

one thing.. my idle sucks... i cant get it to stop flucutating..

also I get a cel and when its on, my afs rise to 10. i step on it a bit and then it goes away and afs cruising go back to 14.

i had pulled codes and it read o2.. bleh!

oh and its been drinking gas like water.
-hec

PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

i have some codes i gotta take care of.... my o2 sensor being one of them....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:my smokes for the first minute or so... white.... really white... then chills out ... then i drive it... and i hit boost and it smokes again... after that... coast is clear no smoke no nothin.... those garrett people and their humor....
mine smokes like a champ to damn ebay turbo's they sux.

not to mention all the oil in my intercooler piping :evil:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont have oil in the intercooler piping tho... rebuilt it!
-hec

K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

lol u guys want to talk about smoke... when the seals entirely went on my brand new garrett t3 (too much oil pressure took out the seals i think) i had a stream of oil running out the exhaust like a river.... i droped about 2 quarts on the road in 10 mins of normal driving....
Thought maybe the little k8 finally went at boosting over 15 psi....
but nope perfect compression across the board.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think thats most of our problems, is we dont know much about boost and most people forget to mention that crappy turbos require a restrictor. I got mine off ebay, its like a connector that has a pin size hole and thats where oil comes trough.
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey guys, i got some questions..

The brake booster.. thats getting boosted.. that ok?

now i am in process of removing vris, one was easy, two is a bit hard but ill get it. I block off the vac canister right?

Also one thing thats happening.. i dont know why.. the car is warmed up, then it shuts down. So i start it, idles fine for 15 seconds, then it cuts out, tried uping the idle.. no dice... what can it be? I got no leaks in the intake.. you think it can be vaf related?
-hec

XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

hgallegos915 wrote:hey guys, i got some questions..

The brake booster.. thats getting boosted.. that ok?

now i am in process of removing vris, one was easy, two is a bit hard but ill get it. I block off the vac canister right?

Also one thing thats happening.. i dont know why.. the car is warmed up, then it shuts down. So i start it, idles fine for 15 seconds, then it cuts out, tried uping the idle.. no dice... what can it be? I got no leaks in the intake.. you think it can be vaf related?
the brake booster does not get boosted if u hooked it up right...theres a factory one way valve in it.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “Forced Induction”