mx3s in michigan junkyard

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
shameem
Supporting Member

mx3s in michigan junkyard

Post by shameem »

For those in the detroit area looking for mx3s - i saw 3-4 in Abcat auto parts in Ypsilanti. There is one SE with good condition leather seats. There is a SOHC and DOHC both teal i think in somewhat good condition. The fourth one was pretty much stripped .... They also have many millenias, 929, 626 etc.

ABCAT AUTO PARTS, 734-485-6933. 2220 E Michigan Ave Ypsilanti, MI 48198

They are "very bad" about pricing though - i mean they will try to rob you blind - they just tried to charge me 90+ bucks for a beat up millenia alternator that was half submerged in mud....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

hmm I wonder how much they want for the leather seats... I need to get the whole seats so I can get the heating portion...

hey maybe next time can you just grab the heated switches + some of the wiring???? I would really appreciate it sir!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

He is in the US Mark.. no heated seats in the US spec SE's.. only in the 25th anniversary edition SE's in canada.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Mooneggs wrote:hmm I wonder how much they want for the leather seats... I need to get the whole seats so I can get the heating portion...

hey maybe next time can you just grab the heated switches + some of the wiring???? I would really appreciate it sir!
Wiring would probably be a problem - i tried to talk him into giving me a pigtail connector for the tails - he was acting like an a$$hole - he said they dont let people cut wiring harness - i would have to buy the entire wiring harness ($100+!!!!) just so i can get the connector - outrageous..... The guy i dealt with today was extremely rude and a complete jerk -I will not deal with that idiot again unless absolutely necessary.....

and yeah US models dont have heated seats i think.... i didnt see any switches near the brake handle..... i will check closely next time....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

shameem wrote:and yeah US models dont have heated seats i think.... i didnt see any switches near the brake handle..... i will check closely next time....
yeah but you never know what you'll find - thank you for checking!
lakersfan1

Re: mx3s in michigan junkyard

Post by lakersfan1 »

shameem wrote:they just tried to charge me 90+ bucks for a beat up millenia alternator that was half submerged in mud....
Considering you can have your alternator completely rebuilt and sandblasted by an alternator rebuild shop in a day for $75, I'd tell him to go sodomize himself in the a--.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

lakersfan1 wrote:
shameem wrote:they just tried to charge me 90+ bucks for a beat up millenia alternator that was half submerged in mud....
Considering you can have your alternator completely rebuilt and sandblasted by an alternator rebuild shop in a day for $75, I'd tell him to go sodomize himself in the a--.
:D Funny thing is i kinda did tell him that - not in so many words though..... :lol:
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

lakersfan1 wrote: I'd tell him to go sodomize himself in the a--.

WINNER: Redundant statement of the day.

ps - you're dealing with an a-hole yard and actaully bothered discussing you need for a single connector? WTF dude? No snips in you tool box?
93 GS SE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”