A/C and cruise control removal

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mazdags94

A/C and cruise control removal

Post by mazdags94 »

Is it possible to remove both the A/C system as well as the cruise control system without intefering with the engines operation altogether? I figured I could just diconnect the harnesses for them and just bypass the a/c compressor with a different belt but I dont know if theres anything that would go wrong or if anything depends on these components being connected.

Has anyone taken these out before? If so, does anyone know what belt length/specs to get to replace the old one?

Let me know, I want to free up some space in my engine bay so that I can get creative 8)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

If they both work fine, it would be stupid to remove. There really isnt any gains in the long run on the removal.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I read a huge post about this before, but... re-read my post, I'n not looking for gains, I'm looking for room in the engine bay. I really dont care about the possible .03 seconds it will take of my 1/4 mile, I just want to be able to shift things around so that I can do some significant mods. You know how tight that engine bay is, every little bit of space helps. :)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

You want room in your car?

put a b6 in there. You can stand IN the engine bay with your motor.
but you will go slooow, har har har!

What? all you said is you wanted room... you didn't say that you wanted room AND to go fast!

ahem... that aside, the cruise control will need the vacuum line sealed off.
It runs into a T connector with high vacuum, you can either remove the T connector and just run one vacuum line straight through, or block it off.
Do what you want with the rest, that's the only issue that will affect your engine performance.

As far as the AC, smaller belt is all you need.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Well.... of course I want to go faster, thats just an unwritten rule :lol: . I'm still gonna stick with the V6, but just make room around it. Thanks for the info though. I dont remember seeing where it T's off cuz i think there was a line that came right from the side of the IM and right into the cruise control. Could be wrong though, I'll double check.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I just removed my a/c compressor and piping for the a/c. Make sure you remove the bracket for the a/c compressor too. I went to the auto parts store and asked for an alternator belt for a 96 ford probe GT 2.5 without a/c. I got a Gates belt (best IMO) and I think it was K50340 (IIRC) or something like that...

I figure if I don't care about a/c - why have it in the car?! lol
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Thanks mooneggs, thats my thought exactly. Its not that I want to get more HP or anything but its just wasted space to me. But thanks again for the part number, I'll look into it.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Someone on Probetalk was selling a Super Charger that comes with a special bracket that would make it fit where the AC was. Any of this sound real to you guys?
Obviously, for the KLZE/KLDE engines
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Someone on Probetalk was selling a Super Charger that comes with a special bracket that would make it fit where the AC was. Any of this sound real to you guys?
I would be interested... got a link or anything? are you just making stuff up to tease us??? LOL
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Mooneggs wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Someone on Probetalk was selling a Super Charger that comes with a special bracket that would make it fit where the AC was. Any of this sound real to you guys?
I would be interested... got a link or anything? are you just making stuff up to tease us??? LOL
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701241170
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Probetalk wrote: To view this thread or threads in this forum your post count must be 25 or greater.

Your post count is 0 momentarily.
I guess I'm not cool enough to look :x
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

QUOTE BY Djlockjaw80

Hi guys I have decided I want to go a different route so up for sale is a blower kit. Kit consists of a clutched m62 blower, slim line fans, bov, piping and hardware. This is an a/c mount blower kit. The thing you will need to make this kit complete is a bracket to mount the sc. I will let this kit go for $700 plus shipping obo. I can provide pics via camera phone.-Justin

***************Price drop to $600 plus shipping*******************

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/ ... wer009.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/ ... wer009.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/ ... wer010.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/ ... wer010.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/ ... wer011.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/ ... wer011.jpg
Supposebly, it will just mount to where the A/C was at with a custom bracket and it is suppose to work that easily
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

If only the pics worked :?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”