6 nozzle Millenia Distributor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Audessy

6 nozzle Millenia Distributor

Post by Audessy »

200-300 bucks for a rebuilt distributor? PSSSHHHH! Well after getting sick of my old distributor that probably had a bad ignitor I often wondered why that nice one that came with my ZE wouldn't work. I figured it had to be simple since both connectors mounted up fine. Luckily the guys who pulled the engine got lazy and decided to slash off the old wiring harnesses to save time. Looking at the old harness I noticed that one wire on the large connector was blocked off and one on the small 3 prong connector. Using a simple circuit tester I checked all of them to figure out the positives and negatives. So here it goes... And it's so easy it should take 2 minutes.

The red wire on your 3 prong connector is in the wrong spot. Connect the blue lead with the red on the connector. Leave the blue on the connector disconnected or do whatever. Don't try to test it while it's out of the head like I did. It needs to be contact grounded to the block.

I hope this helps. :D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah new disty 300 dllrs,

ze disty = free with your ze

or if you got no ze, do the hei mod and external coil mod and you got yourself a new disty hehe :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

Well, the MSD mod is a good idea. Unless you're like me and have a lady at home who's getting real tired of your money spending lol.

I checked, it revs good, idles steady. Not bad for some Jap man's junk. However I didn't get to test drive it. The cops got called on me for working on my car too late at night. I'll find out today how it performs on the road.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

What distributor are you talking about. You said it hd 6 nozzles on it??? sounds like a stock one to me....the ZE ine has 7
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

WHAT?the cops can tell you something for working on the car to late? o wow o.0
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ya if your making too much noise, or if its on the side of the road and they are suspiocious that the car is stolen i guess.

Cops came to fieromx3's house the night my klze hydrolocked, we were workin on it late and they came by asking what we were doing and double checked that it was my car.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

The same thing happened to me and Vanished working in my garage one night. The cops came by twice to see what we were doing. But they were pretty nice and were obviously just checking up on us. Didn't tell us to stop or anything.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

What r u going to do when you need a new disty cap?...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll ever have the cash for a new "normal" disty or the balls for a msd. Maybe I can find another millenia cap.

And to your question mx3autozam, there's some ZE's being shipped with a strange looking 6 nozzle distributor. They won't work without a wire modification. I believe these came out of 98+ Millenias.

I did a road test. The pickup is excellent. No power loss up to redline. No problems with it except for one wierd thing. It takes much longer to start the engine. I tried switching the ignition to ON for like a minute straight before starting to see if that would make a difference. Nope...

So that's one drawback. I haven't investigated the problem. But if you're in hard luck with your disty after a ze swap then that nice millenia one will get you by. It's kinda like starting a cold chevy with a 2BBL carb without pumping the gas. CRANK CRANK CRANK CRANK CRANK CRANK VROOOOMM!!!!
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

Oh yeah... about the cops. My neighbors were whining because my exhaust is loud. SSautochromes with no cat, a resonator and a glass pack. I figured it was only a matter of time. The cop didn't have to be such a prick about it though. He was like "So what are you doing here besides making noise" as I'm standing there in my shop uniform thinking "DUH". I explained that I put in a new distributor and was just taking some time to do the timing. "WELL you know you aren't running a mechanic shop and you have to follow city regulation. You should stop at 9pm." I was like wtf? I get done with work at 9. Whatever... Guess I have to limit myself to my days off.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”