Mazda 626 F2T motor

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
The General

Mazda 626 F2T motor

Post by The General »

I noticed that no one puts this in the mx-3 or atleast I havent heard of anyone doing it, its not a bad motor It produces 145 hp (108 kW) @ 4300 rpm and 190 ft·lbf (257 nm). And if I took the tranny out of that wouldnt I be fine? The reason I bring this question up is because I found this exact motor in an abandoned car at a junkyard I live near, I was considering putting in a BP but if I could fit this in as well I would be willing to do this more. Get back to me with any info you have on this motor, if it is swappable and any other useful info thanks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Size wise.. it would fit.. but.. the motor mounts are completely different to my understanding and you would be doing a lot of fabrication to get it to "Bolt In"

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Its been done before by this guy Rafi in Puerto Rico. Look up 500whp MX-3s on http://www.YouTube.com , hes in there somewhere. Its definitely a worthwhile swap though, you can abuse it all day and not blow that thing.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
The General

Post by The General »

thanks I was just wondering it doesnt make sense though why would it be hard to mount considering it smaller than most of the v6 swaps, oh well Im not going to try it I guess. Ill just stick to the BP Im going to look at one tomorrow can you guys help me out with deciding whether I should take it or not Ill have pics up also I need the tranny from the car is the tranny in the mx3 the same as that gen protege
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The General wrote:thanks I was just wondering it doesnt make sense though why would it be hard to mount considering it smaller than most of the v6 swaps, oh well Im not going to try it I guess. Ill just stick to the BP Im going to look at one tomorrow can you guys help me out with deciding whether I should take it or not Ill have pics up also I need the tranny from the car is the tranny in the mx3 the same as that gen protege
It's not about size but type. The mx-3 is designed for the B-series and K-series Mazda motors, the F2T is an F-series, so to get it to mount it'll be to be custom. As well, you'll need a new harness, and i have no idea what you do for axles and tranny. Search for F2/F2T swap, theres a few threads about it...hmm, apparently the search sucks cause I can't pull any info up on it past this month...I'll see if i can find it later.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I would still rather go BPT or KLZE...
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Bochek is working on this very swap as we speak. Check out his post and his worklogs. Alot of custom fab needs to be done to make it work. This should be very interesting when it's all said and done.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I would still rather go BPT or KLZE...
And why is that? They make way less power than the F2T for people with a budget so I'm just curious. Its a proven motor if you wanna build a beast just alittle harder to get parts for.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”