V6 starts but won't restart

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
canuk351

V6 starts but won't restart

Post by canuk351 »

Hi. I am a new member and I need your help. I have a 93 V6 Precidia with a 160,000 kms that is acting up. The first sign of a problem was when the engine stalled and I couldn't get it to restart. After leaving it sit for an hour, it started and ran fine. The next morning it started fine and I ran it for about a minute before shutting off the engine. When I immediately went to restart it, the engine turned over without firing. The timinng chain was replaced last year and I can hear the fuel pump engage. Any ideas as to why the intermitant starting? Coil, fuel filter, fuel pump?Thanks in advance.
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

it sounds like a distributor problem , i believe the HEI mod is the easyest and cheapest way to fix it.(it only cost about 30$ cad)
canuk351

Post by canuk351 »

Thanks. I'll check it out. Stalled again tonight after driving two blocks and then wouldn't start.
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

someone correct me if im wrong , but i believe the HEI mod will stop that from happening , if you do a quick search you will find all the info on it and the parts you need to do it, its a pretty simple job.

mine did the same thing to me a few times , where it just completly died,and it always started really hard in the mornings, i did the mod and it hasent happned since , but i also changed the TB and removed the egr system.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Disty going bad is a known MX-3 V6 prob and matches your described symptoms. I saw your Q. posted on another UBB forum here as well. You should delete that thread and not double post.
Image -Jim

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”