Many questions, many more to come also

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
The General

Many questions, many more to come also

Post by The General »

I just bought a 92 mx3 and its got some problems.
#1 The fact that the gas chord or pulley or w/e to get the cap thing unlocked is like not attached anymore (pics soon) its just the chord and same with the hatchback, and I went to my mazda dealership, I guess mine switch between the GM dealer also so I went there to ask them cause the mazda parts department was closed, since they switch weekends. Anyway the guy said it would be $30 for the gas and $100 for the hatch, that has to be with installation right, has anyone replaced this by themselves, how much were the parts and how hard was it.
#2 Also the guy couldnt get the cost of the shifter bushings for some retarded reason, if anyone knows how much that is it would be very useful.
#3 the motor has 232k miles on it but it has idling problems only after driving for a bit after you just put the clutch in or put it in nuetral the motor wants to die but saves itself everytime.
#4 The tranny has started to go in the car from my friends and I starting to screw around with it since Im doing a swap, but Im keeping the tranny or using the same series one how much would it be to have the tranny rebuilt? or is it worth it?
#5 going to get the recalls done as soon as I get the car registered and insured.
#6 Where the seat belts for the front seats are in middle they dont seem to retract all the way, is that just me or?
hmm thats all I can think of right now havent been in the car for a bit, more questions by tomorrow probably with pics. Thanks guys in advance, it was a $700 car so, I love it though haha 92 mx3 with 232k miles on it haha $700 aint bad for a finely running car
Last edited by The General on October 8th, 2007, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

#2 go to corksport to get the bronzoil bushings... you might as well get the SS clutch line too while you are at it... good luck!

http://corksport.com/store/category/53f ... train.html
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The prices for the gas and hatch cables sounds right at 30 and 100. That is for the part only. Reaplcing them will be a pain because it will be wound all through the body. You will need to remove the old ones carefully watching where they are clipped and not break any of the clips. Without the clips the cable will not function properly and thus the gas door or hatch will not open. Removing the interior panels is hard, but take your time and use screwdrivers or special tools to help pry them off. The interior panels are held in place by metal and platci clips. The plastic clips will break and the metal ones will break the panel if you pull too hard or do not distribute the force of your pulling.
Shifter bushings, yeah buy them from CS.
Idle problems are usually caused by 1 of a few things. Either A, you have a vacuum leak in the intake. B, your neutral switch on the trans is broken or the wire is messed up. C, the idle air control valve on the throttle body needs to be replaced. D, you are low on coolant (the coolant runs the idle air control valve and too little coolant will means not enough to run the IAC).
#5. checking the recalls is a good idea.
I do not understand what you are saying in #6....
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
The General

Post by The General »

Thanks I already ordered those shifter bushings and I fixed #6 and Im not paying 130 for that stupid s--- and not having it even installed why is the hatch one so much more when its only like 2 feet longer? I would rather deal with what I am now so that ok with me. Thanks anyway though

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”