IAC? or Vacuum? Weird idle. Advice please.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Audessy

IAC? or Vacuum? Weird idle. Advice please.

Post by Audessy »

I just got my KLZE fired up. Sounds lovely for a little while. It often ends up going to between 3 and 4k rpm for a while and backs down to 1 or 2k. If I press on the gas most of the time the engine dies until I let off. What does this sound like to you guys?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Check and set the TPS
Check and set the IDLE
Check vacuum leaks
Check IAC
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

What I thought too. But which one of the things you mentioned would cause the engine to die when you give it some throttle. I want to solve that first.
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

id check ur maf to make sure its not lose or anything... another would be tps .. mine did that for a while and i swithced tps with the one from my k8 tb and it worked fine....
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

It ahs nothing to do with IAC or idle adjustment.

Check that the VAF make sure its tight and also make sure there are no leaks between the vaf and the throtle body. thats known as unmetered air entering the engine and will really screw up your air fuel mixture, and cause this problem. and TPS could be another thing to checkl.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

I just put on the old k8 throttle body and voila! Perfect running klze. Minor vacuum issues. Man you guys are right about klze's power. This car is a rocket now. First car I've ever driven that can break the tires loose without dropping the clutch.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Audessy wrote:I just put on the old k8 throttle body and voila! Perfect running klze. Minor vacuum issues. Man you guys are right about klze's power. This car is a rocket now. First car I've ever driven that can break the tires loose without dropping the clutch.
ya because the k8 throtle body probly has tps set on it or something. It will work on the ze but the bore is 55mm instead of 60mm. Get it running with the klze one and it will break them tire loose even more. OR even better get one bored to 65 or 67mm.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”