Cruise control woes........

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

you could probably take apart the switch to see if the "switch inside" is broken like a little plastic piece... that's usually what happens when a button no longer feels like a button (i.e the window switches)

I looked in the pages and it really doesn't cover that button not working except you can use a test light in self diagnosis mode and it will tell you if the switch is defective...
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

was hoping to avoid that... so I'll jsut pretend that there is no resume function! HA!

<<sigh>>

ok, I guess I gotta tear it apart and see whats up in there... the odd part is that the button does not even to have the same travel as the set/coast button - its like there is a solid object preventing it from traveling... the plastic button itself seems to flex but you get no feeling of there being any mechanical swith behind the button...
93 GS SE
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

you dont have any scrap yards by you? instead of trying to fix it just replace it with another one. seems logical?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
exile84

Post by exile84 »

on my cruise only the one button works.... i figured out that if you push up on one, and then try to push the accel, it will click. apparently there is some kind of defect on those....
doshy

Post by doshy »

mx3autozam wrote:Are your guys cars automatic or sticks. I'm sure that it only works in 5th gear.
im prety sure mine works on any gears, im curious now, i gotta try it out tomorow now, its buging me !
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

Mooneggs wrote:Everybody who wants it, I have scanned in the Cruise Control section from a 1992 Mazda MX-3 Body Electrical Troubleshooting Manual... It has a good deal of information on different things to try if your cruise control does not work. Email me and I'll send it to you... :D

mx3fanatic@yahoo.com
hey i've emaild you twice about that info :lol: , and still got no answer! :(

just wondering if your getting my mails :arrow:
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

bdr2k5 wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:Everybody who wants it, I have scanned in the Cruise Control section from a 1992 Mazda MX-3 Body Electrical Troubleshooting Manual... It has a good deal of information on different things to try if your cruise control does not work. Email me and I'll send it to you... :D

mx3fanatic@yahoo.com
hey i've emaild you twice about that info :lol: , and still got no answer! :(

just wondering if your getting my mails :arrow:
hmm they must be going to my junkmail for some reason - sorry about that! :oops: ... I always check my PM's so that's works too if you put your email in there...
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

94mx3precidia wrote:you dont have any scrap yards by you? instead of trying to fix it just replace it with another one. seems logical?
MX3s are nowhere near as popular down here as they are in canuckistan... likewise they are even less popular in Detorit (vs left coast)... and on top of that, Crusie control is optional equipment...

but in genreal, one does not "pop on down tothe junkyard for parts" around here. Around here we stake out the junkyard and make periodic hit an run raids on it and scavenge anything that looks remotely ussely or is in decent shape whenever we are lucky enough to actually find a car in the yard. :D
93 GS SE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”