What King of Bulbs Do You Have In Your Altezza's?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

What King of Bulbs Do You Have In Your Altezza's?

Post by mrmike420 »

Hey guys, I was just wondering what kind of bulbs people have in their altezza's? I just received my black altezzas a couple weeks ago and i'm debating on what kind of bulbs to use... I know there are alot of bulbs out there from plain red and amber, to silver-coated red & amber, xenon, silverstar, LED's.... etc.

Please advise and post pics if you got em (day & night). Thanks! :D
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm using this 1156 light for my turnsignals and backup lights in my altezzas from autolumination.com

they are called "the beacon". $4 each... but they are really bright!

I'm using plain cheap clear 1157 bulbs for the 4 brake/parking lights since they have red covers in the altezzas already.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Hey Moon, are those (beacon) legal??? Does the clear white bulbs make ur break lights look pinkish??
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

take off your oem taillight and just use all of the stock bulbs if you want... they will look red and normal

I guess the beacons are legal... they aren't THAT bright but just brighter than a normal bulb...
matt753

Post by matt753 »

Can you post pictures of what they look like Mooneggs?
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

mrmike420 wrote:Hey Moon, are those (beacon) legal??? Does the clear white bulbs make ur break lights look pinkish??
mine did, thats why i switched back to my stock tailights. looked kind of girly with bright pink tailights driving around haha. maybe you could tint them.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Bumpysbro wrote:
mrmike420 wrote:Hey Moon, are those (beacon) legal??? Does the clear white bulbs make ur break lights look pinkish??
mine did, thats why i switched back to my stock tailights. looked kind of girly with bright pink tailights driving around haha. maybe you could tint them.
Or maybe you can just put red bulbs??? :lol:
~FUeGo~
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Well I'm not using my carbon altezzas at the moment... I swapped to my ghost altezzas on the slow car and stock lights with redded out turnsignals on the fast car... I've got pics of when I tinted them in my worklog

none of my lights have ever looked pink... not sure what you are talking about :o :roll:
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

il try and take a pic after i fix my wiring issue. my gf said the same thing. ya ill try some different colors in them as well. i love your cars moonegg, i dont see too many primerd mx-3's around.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

its not primer, its flat black...lol
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I'll have pictures of my tails pretty soon... I'm going with APC red bulbs and Pilot chrome coated amber signals... Hopefully the red bulbs will get rid of the pinkish hue...
~FUeGo~
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

mx3autozam wrote:its not primer, its flat black...lol
incorrect sir, it IS primer... I just keep putting fresh coats on it about every 6 months :roll: :D lol
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

Well, you could also use that "candy red paint" that stores sell!. i forget who used it on here.. hmm. He painted his tail lights all over and looked sweet!
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

PatMX3 wrote:Well, you could also use that "candy red paint" that stores sell!. i forget who used it on here.. hmm. He painted his tail lights all over and looked sweet!
LOL that was me (and others as well) look at my signature... those are altezza tails with that transparent red paint on them :o
matt753

Post by matt753 »

I am buying new bulbs for my taillights and turn signals/side markers, I was just curious, what do the side markers do, like when do they light up? I know when I arm/disarm my alarm they flash, but is there any other time when they light up?

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”