REar Susp: Stabilizer Control Bracket Broken?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
PurpleDinosaur

REar Susp: Stabilizer Control Bracket Broken?

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

At lest I think that is what I broke... here's a pic:

Easy fix? Comments / guideance apprecited.

Where to buy this part? Junkyard only? WTB Post and pray? DEaler only? (and bendover!?)

Thanks
93 GS SE
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I believe that is just the endlink. Not hard to find...and always good to replace those as well.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

Here in Canada its a dealer only part and it goes for around $60. You could check Ebay.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i baught that part, for both sides of my car. Its called the stabilizer bar control link.

Its definately not a dealer or a bend over part! my dealer i think quoted my $37 and where i work it was $35. Napa sells them.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

Well not here in Cambridge its dealer only. I paid $60ish for the wifes car, and I have had Napa and afew others look it up they dont have a part number for it from any supplier.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PurpleDinosaur

Post by PurpleDinosaur »

sTooopid question...

What does it do??? I have not noticed any difference in handling since it broke... but just in case I'm not hitting triple digits again until its fixed!

It looks like a simple "couple of bolts" repair - yes?
93 GS SE
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ya but when it gests as bad as yours is (mine was that bad too) Where the joints have separated the removal method isnt going to work. If you have a look at the link you will see that there is a hex key on the end that is used to help in removing but often enough they end up sheering or are really rusted out like mine were.

Wehn i got my car both of mine (front end) were completely broken apart. I attemted to remove it with vice grips holding the ball part but that didnt work. I just got so fed up i grabbed my brinder and grinded the bolt off. Id say i spent about a hour and a half on one side trying to get the bolt to crack with a breaker bar and wrench but that didnt work so i broke out the grinder and within 5 mins or less it was off. I tried the same thing on the other side for about 10 mins but i ended up just grinding it off too.

So my advice would be to go to canadian tire and pick up one of there cheap $30 grinders and use that. Saves alot of time and hassle, not to mention the sciled knuckles when the wrench slips :P
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

lowridah313 wrote:Well not here in Cambridge its dealer only. I paid $60ish for the wifes car, and I have had Napa and afew others look it up they dont have a part number for it from any supplier.
i ordered mine for 37bux at carquest. they came in Mazda packages. i asked the guy about them and he said the some company supplies to the dealer.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”