tps sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
1992blazeredgs

tps sensor

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

i just recently put a 65mm tb on my klde. I cant seem to get the tps adjusted and it is leading me to believe i have a bad sensor. First i tried the fan method and no matter what position the sensor was in the fan never came on. Than i tried to adjust using a multimeter by getting the correct voltages at closed and wot. I was getting a voltage of 11 something at closed throttle and 8 something at wot. Nowhere near the correct voltages of .1-1.1 and 2.8-4.5 I know my fan works and i didnt have any problems with my tps sensor before switching it over to my new tb. If anybody has any ideas that would be great cause im out of ideas besides getting a new tps sensor.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

If the readings from your multimeter are wrong, I would imagine the tps is no good.

I however had a tps that did not read right with a multimeter, I took it off and sprayed the inside with silicone spray, moved it around and the readings came out correct after that. You could try that, no guarantee.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Nate, if you did not have any problems with your tps before the tb, its not the tps. Probably the throttle body doesnt have a good seal. it does the the plate a week or two to seat properly. I had upgraded mine but I could not bear with the idle issues so I went back to stock. Shine the throttle body trough a light or towards the sin and If you see light, its not sealing right.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”