another shifter problem

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
mazdamx3sohc

another shifter problem

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i have read, researched and know all about the shifter drop problem, i know about the bracket and all that, i tried weather adhesive like my friend used on his, wasnt good enough on mine, tomorrow i need to go out somewhere near here and find a way to fix it, i would use the antidrop shifter bracket but i dont have time to wait for it to come in the mail nnot to mention i dont have paypal. the whole rectangular piece with the 4 screws in the corners isnt the part that fell the rod with the circular shape through it is the part that fell. i was told i can use self tapping screws and maybe a bolt, i dont see where there is any space within that oval area to put screws or a bolt, any ideas?
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

The anti-drop bracket is for the oval lookin piece that is connected to teh shift linkage, My shifter has fell out already, but i can handle drivin it with it down, i have the part just to lazy to fix it, just take a good look and see waht you can do to fix it, cuz i bet you these things cost an arm and a leg to replace..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i guess you have to buy the whole rod, i was quoted 130 for the part alone at mazda. but i dont have the time to wait for the bracket that rumnhammer makes. anyone else have any ideas?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm trying to figure out exactly what part you need...

I was having this problem because I was missing one of the little white plastic pieces that fit around the ball of the shifter to keep it from dropping. do you have a pic of what you are talking about?

IIRC the shifter is held in by 2 little white plastic pieces and a spring fits in on top of that to keep the shifter from coming out of the hole.

I probably have what you need... just let me know...
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

nope the upper bar has a platform at the end of it that the shifter goes through, that rubber gromet in the center of that platform wore down, all i did was have my mechanic drill 4 holes through the platform to hold it up and it worked good.

Return to “Transmissions”