Engine running rich

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
V6Gav

Engine running rich

Post by V6Gav »

recently bought the car which had been sitting for 6 months, got it running after re charging the battery and changing the plugs, but it is running very very rich and stalls whn u rev the engine high and take your foot off the accelerator pedal, i think its flooding itself. Any ideas how 2 fix this??
£125 V6, be on the road sooooooooon!
m90daytona

Post by m90daytona »

could be the fpr leaking or a fuel injector stuck open. or a maf sensor reading to much air or a bad pcm or a bad tps sensor. could be a lot of things. is the cel on?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

No CEL on E-spec MXs. Have the fuel injectors checked. I'd bet one if gummed up and stuck open. You could try some fuel system treatment, but I dount it cures the problem.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I'm having the same problem with my car... I'm thinking it might be linked to a vacuum hose. I will soon be replacing and re-routing my hoses as well as installing a newer engine wiring harness. I hope that does the trick. :)
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Sounds like my EGR problem.

Jump TEN and GND plus a LED between B+ and FEN

If it's code 16, Bingo. Just unplug EGR and go out for a spin...
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I'll try that, but I was told my EGR was fine when I had my engine replaced.
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”