Main Fuse keeps blowing>

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Q187

Main Fuse keeps blowing>

Post by Q187 »

First of all I haven't driven this car in a few months. It's a '92 GS. So I replaced my battery, it popped real good when I installed the 2nd terminal the first time. I went to start the car and nothing, no power at all. So I took off the battery terminals and hooked them back up, just to make sure I had a good connection, then there was no pop or spark or anything the 2nd time - still no power obviously. Checked the fuses under the dash and the blue "ENGINE" fuse was popped. I replaced it and it busted again. The other blue fuse on the outside of the fusebox was busted, so I replaced it, and then replaced the blue "ENGINE" fuse and they both held. Still no power. So I check the main fuse box and the "MAIN FUSE" is blown. I went to replace it and as SOON as i touched the connectors to it, it blew.

Does this sound like a short? Maybe a relay?

I am moving in a few days and I really need to get the car running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

-Mike
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

there is definitly a short in there somewhere...start lookin hard!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
blackops032
BANNED Member

Post by blackops032 »

check to see if your battery terminals are on the right way. an honest mistake but it does happen

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”