Rear sway bar link kit availability.

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
tehbrookzorz

Rear sway bar link kit availability.

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Hi! Well, after calling the Mazda dealership and getting a quote for $80CAD for my rear sway bar link that's been broken since.. Oh, I'm going to say since my girlfriend first got the car, I decided I needed to find one cheaper.

First question: I'm pretty sure all the suspension components between the GS and RS submodels are the same, except that the GS has some sort of upgraded structural thingy. . . (Awesome lingo, can't remember the word). So if I can find a sway bar link for the RS, it should be identical to the one for the GS, right?

If so, Napa lists one through Altrom, part # 1031311.

Let me know if I'm on the right track. If I'm right, this should save a few people at least a couple bucks.
Cody
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You should be able to ask them to check the part numbers between the RS and GS and then you will know if they are the same. However, I'm looking for a heim joint link if anyone knows where to get them for the MX. Otherwise, Racer Parts Wholesale sells them in pieces where you measure yours and make one yourself. I can do that, but would rather not if I don't have to.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

They didn't have a listing for the GS, but it's the same part. Installed it Saturday with the drop.
Cody
SSR Mx-3

Post by SSR Mx-3 »

Try finding a local junk yard. I got mine from one for about $7 dollars US. :D
SSR Mx-3: Custom CAI, custom 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust (high-flow cat, resonator, & muffler), Genie 4-1 Header, Tokico Blue Struts, H&R Lowering Springs, Corksport front and rear Strut Bars, SSR Competition Wheels (11 lbs), Corksport Short-Shifter, KVR Slotted Front Rotors w/ KVR Carbon FIber Break Pads.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 RS

"God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."- C.S. Lewis

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”