head gasket question?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ryan_Fuerte

head gasket question?

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

Hi, I have a 1.8L in my winter beeter and it needs the heads done. Im sure everyone knows that the 2.5L full gasket kits go for like 80 bucks and the ones that say there for the k8 are like 200. My question is, if anyone knows for sure if the 2.5L head gaskets will work on the 1.8L. I do relize that there is around 3/8'' in bore diffrence.

-Ryan
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I wouldn't do that. It should "fit", but the fit is going to be crap. The last thing I would want is to get all the way through replacing them only to find out that they didn't seal properly, so I lost 80 bucks, still have to spend the 200 and redo the time consuming job...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”