Please help!!!! First time buyer. Alot of things wrong pleas

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bOObies6x

ok

Post by bOObies6x »

the car was sitting for 2 days like that. Also yes it runs. I wanted to get a nice intake for it that was the first thing i was going to do. if you guys can tell me which one to get that would be cool. Also what kind of muffler i should get aswell. or exuast. would it be alot to get those leaks fixed. I checked the color and both of the leaks are red.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

If you search the forum you'll find all the info you need on what intake and exhaust to get.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

if the leaks are red that means it transmission oil. the good part is that its most likely your transmission pan and its not that much to replace. you could probably do it yourself if you could get access to a lift. make sure that wehn you take the pan out, clean it up really godd and get rid of all the metal shavings, it would also be wise to install a magnet drainplug.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
bOObies6x

ok

Post by bOObies6x »

ok so i checked again and the color is also green. I need to fix them fast cause there leaking bad. Also does anybody here have the little black button for the driver side window? Mine broke everything else is fine i just need the black button.
Sal

Post by Sal »

yeah you have a leak from your tranny which is the red fluid and a leak from your cooalnt which is the green colour. most likely its your water pump because i had that same problem. u will need to take that to a mechanic cause its not easy and u need the proper tools, also its usually wise to change your timing belt when u change the water pump. also if your gonna drive it just make sure you check the coolant from the resevoir on the right hand side infront of the battery. if its low you can jus add water you dont need to buy rad fluid, only because its the summer and it serves the same purpose.....
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
bOObies6x

ook

Post by bOObies6x »

can anyone give me a suggestion on what intake or exhaust I should be buying? becuase I took it to the muffler shop and he was really expensive, I just want to know what kind I need or what prices I should be expecting.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

as far intakes i would get this one> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-AC ... otohosting

your going to need 1 more of the blue silicone adapters in order to put the VAF in.

For exhaust, just go with stock untill your competent enough to start changing pipe sizes and lenghts. For me, ill be getting the cherrybomb exhaust, only beacause i work at a auto suppliers and i can get a exhaust that reatils for like $300 for $75. And many other goodies like rims and tires.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
bOObies6x

wait i ment muffler tip

Post by bOObies6x »

im sorry thats a good intake but what did u say i needed i dont know what that is and dont know where to get it. also ii wanted to know what kind of muffler tip i should get? thanks
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

in the picture u see how the whole pipe is in 2 pieces, but it is joined by a blue silicone adapter. aand there is also one at the end. in order to attach the VAF you will need another one, any auto store sells them. just get a stock muffler tip.
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

94mx3precidia wrote:if the leaks are red that means it transmission oil. the good part is that its most likely your transmission pan and its not that much to replace.
A manual transmission does not have a transmission pan, nor does it use red transmission fluid (Automatic Transmission Fluid). Judging solely on the location of the leaks, it appears as if the leaky fluid is coming from the halfshaft seals in the transmission.

WTF is this $900 O-ring you keep talking about?

Unbolt your catayltic converter and see if it is all jacked up inside. If so, replace--this will rid your car of the nasty rotten egg smell.

Put the car SECURELY on jackstands, block off rear tires, start engine, get underneath and search for the source of the leaks.

Drain old gas, fill with fresh 91 for a few tanks.

Replace muffler with any stock muffler an exhaust shop will have. A muffler will not help your stock 1.8 K8 accelerate any faster unless your old one was severely clogged.
T61 powered KLZE
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

[quote="n2ogsze] A manual transmission does not have a transmission pan, nor does it use red transmission fluid (Automatic Transmission Fluid).[/quote]

i was presuming it was automatic. if it is the halfshaft seals, there not expansive to replace just a cupple oil seals. But getting to them is a b----.
bOObies6x

ok ok

Post by bOObies6x »

ok so how do i fix that? i hav some pics of the leaks ill post them.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

read the online manual on the homepage for starters then come back if you have any questions.
Cy

Post by Cy »

I... am the Very last person to bash nub questions....

BUT

x2...the manual on the front page is the Mazda dealership manual...it covers everything in detail...from taillight wiring to complete engine rebuilds...

just as an FYI...

I paid $700 CAD for a 95 RS 5spd that sat for a winter outside...the body was and IS mint...I know how it'd been and would be driven so i went probably a step farther then i needed to but....

before i even MVI'd the car....I replaced:
-bearings all round
-EVERYTHING suspension in the rear(from the crossmember out)
-EVERYTHING suspension in the front
---that includes new OEM springs and kyb struts
-all brake parts including flex lines (didn't know about CorksportSSlines at the time)
-Every fluid was flushed twice and refilled with quality synthetics.
-new tires
-New Alternator
-New belts
I stopped adding to the folder of receipts after about $3000CAD...

this past November:
I dumped the B6 which was dieing....for a BP...and got all new axles..

--Now i have the car off the road and it's getting new drilled front rotors and pads, new rear shoes, new clutch(Spec Stage 2+)

and I still haven't painted, lowered or turbo'd it...although that is in the works for this summer....

I'm good with mechanics and electrical and have watched car shows on TV and talked with people at shows around NB for atleast 8years...I STILL required the manual to get me through alot of the MX-3 specific stuff...

If you have 5-8grand and ALOT of time...you'll get what you want outa this car....otherwise get a BMW...you'll like it as much and get more chix :D
Icarus_27

Post by Icarus_27 »

^nah, it's not that bad. With the factory manual, a monkey could fix an MX-3, it just takes some time and bashed knuckles. Besides, this dude isn't talking 12 second behemoth, just a decent working car. Get a decent DE, someone who knows something about cars and knock that trash out. Good luck.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”