KLZE ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I think I got a DE, F***. The IM look great. Motor look great. Took the valve cover off. KL01 Cams nice golden color.. great. came with dis. alt. power pump. wires plugs.. lots of stuff.. great. checked the for an egr.. there was non. BUT there was a place for one that had a plate bolted on covering it up. Hmmmm.. well thought nothing of it.. checked the TB code. KL68 nice..Checked for the block code after digging around to find it.. kl-101 kl-1a1.. s---... I think thats a DE. Pulled the plugs too check the cylinder.. can,t seem to see done to the top.. I pulled 3 plugs and can't see anything looks like just port hole that elbows into the chamber or something.. they all looked the same.. The altinator is a 90v which I think is on most de's.. I think ze's came with 110v.. correct me if I am wrong..

Please help to confirm..
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Any info???? Would this be a jdm klde??? any help?
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I guess nobody knows...
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

jdm klde nope, jdm is ze only, Millenia maybe
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

So what is this motor then.. A usdm millenia would have a egr on the back of the head. and would have dished pistons if it is a de. I have contacted the supplier where I got the motor and they said it is a newer motor that did come from japan. they are positive. I dont know if they are just feeding me bullsh** or what. But I am really mixed up here.. I have read some forums about newer klze's that have had the kl101 heads which make a little less hp like 190hp and have 9:2:1 comp. ration.. but there is not a hole lot out there (info) on these motors..

????
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

justin22_22 wrote:jdm klde nope, jdm is ze only, Millenia maybe
Wrong, kl-de did exist over there too.
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I dont know... Maybe I should send it back and get a straight neck ze and be done with it.. I dunno

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”