straight neck to curved neck help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Suresperance

straight neck to curved neck help

Post by Suresperance »

im swaping my straight neck out for the curved neck mani and i am having clearance issues with the fuel lines coming off the rails and also what seems to be a coolnt line running under where the tb should go. the IAC wont clean no matter what ive done
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Are you using the curved neck TB? IIRC the IAC locations are not the same on the kl47 TB and that is the one you will need. As for the fule lines, what are they coming into contact with? You can bend them slightly, but you have to be carefull not to crimp it. Maybe provide some pictures or more details?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Use the K8 solid fuel lines that are attached to the engine. They are much shorter and will give you more rubber hose allowing you to clear it.
You do need to use the curved neck TB as stated above as the IACs are different and it will not idle correctly with a different IAC on the car (if you are using a curved neck ECU that is).
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

thanks solo and pat i did some research after what you said and i noticed the KL47 tb the IAC comes out the other side compared to the kl31 i was trying to fit.i will try to find a kl47 tb.

now pat what you said about the ecu. what ecu do i need. i was under the impression that i could use a probe ECU and then probinator chip it. is that not the case? i need a special curved neck ECU (im assuming out of a 95+ millinia)? if so can i still probintaor chip it.? also will i beable to find an MTX ECU for a millenia? if not will that matter? sorry for all the dumb questions
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Do you have a ZE? If so then you will want to use a chipped K8 ecu or a KL31/36 combo for the best idle.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

yeah i have a ZE its running off the K8 ecu right now but i wanted to do more research before i spend money on a new one to find out exactuly what i needed.

you say i need a kl31/36 ecu? what would i find that in?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”