Push Button Start

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

well, now i know how to start your car! hehe. I have a push-start button on my mx. its power using a proper relay, then wired on the cig lighters ground. it works fine, but i still have the use of the key ignition so to make it DMV legal!. Also, i have a kill switch for it so not anyone who sees the red push button can start it up!.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
e11evon

Post by e11evon »

Wow!!!!!!!!! You dont know where the cig lighter is? Are they letting blind people drive now? I have a push button start in my car, but its hidden...When I bought my mx-3 it was reposessed because of some hard times...they repo'ed it the day after I caught my payments up, so they had to give it back to me, it took the bank 2 weeks to find my car and when they did it was being auctioned off...they stopped the auction and told me to come and get it...when I got there, the auction mechanic gave me the keys and told me it wont start...I pressed the clutch ,then the start button and it started right up...the mech had the "what the hell" look on his face then I got my doc's back and went home to repair all the damage they did trying to get it to start...I got a new ignition switch out of it.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”