Opinions on MMM 2007

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

Opinions on MMM 2007

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, another MMM has came and went. Always good to see some friends, new and old. Overall I think it went well and most people had a good time. Personally time flew by quick where I didn't get a change to say hi to everyone or to check out all the cars. One thing that bother's me is the attendance.

There were about 40 cars, if not more, that were suppose to attend, but not only less than half showed, and with that, the people who said they were coming, not only didn't show, but didn't mentioned that they weren't showing. It's not like some didn't show, or a good amount, but literally the majority didn't show, I find that sad to be honest, considering it's only for a few hours, and the weather was great. I thought things were done right this year, thanks to the local guys, they put the perverbial foot down and set a date and location early on, which did show significantly more intereste, but also ended up having the least results of all the meets in the past several years. Of course there were a few tho couldn't make it, but with very good reasons.

Honestly, I though that maybe the drop in attendance was because there was less Mx-3's on the road, so it was a reflection of that, but I think the posted list of potential attendee's contradicts that. I think Mx-3's have just been passed down to a different generation who just don't care, and I dont think there's anything we can do to get more people to show up unless their's hot naked girls going engine swaps for free.

Even then there was people complaining that it sucked. If it sucked because of the number of cars, than ya, I agree, but I will say I've had a better time this year than I've had with twice as many cars. But the point is to browse, talk, make friends, ask questions, learn stuff, get ideas. If it's for any other reason, let us know, so we can tailor it and make it better, but personally, I'm out of ideas. I don't think there'a anything at this point that could be done. Just to say, there's the Meeting Of The Mazda's at CSCS this year (August 11th @ Cayuga). There'll be many makes and models of Mazda's, track racing, drag racing, drifing and many other things and are going on, and I guarantee that there'll be less Mx-3's there than at MMM, so what can we really do to top that to get more people out to MMM next year? Don't know, and without constructive input, we never will.

Although this club is slowly shrinking, I assure you I will be apart of it, as long as there's a Mazda in my possession. I just hope that this club outlives me, and not myself outlive this club.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

I second that motion.

As for the people who didn't like the meet....please expain why.
A bunch of us did notice one car that came and went and we all wondered if they spoke with anyone. If not, and that was the problem, I appologize.
We are a friendly club and welcome all introductions and inquiries, but sometimes we get caught up talking to each other. Sometimes an inturruption is required to get our attention.

As for the confirmed yet missing.....I don't know what to say. Everyone seemed excited about it. Normally MMM is the one meet of the year that everyone makes sure to attend. Since that wasn't the case for alot of you, I encourage you to come to the normal meets....not only that, but I encourage you to set a date/time/location FOR a meet.

You all know the standard sites/times, but we're not limited to that (and if you don't...check past posts). I don't think I'll bother posting a meet cuz it's always the same ppl showing up...and I can just talk to them on msn or call them directly....BUT...

If someone posts up a meet...i WILL do my best to show up (and with work slowing down a bit, chances are that i'll make it too), and we CAN keep this thing alive.

Please tell us the reason for not coming to regular meets as well...if the time/place isn't convenient...make u'r own and we'll show up. If you simply don't have time in your life...common...it's a couple hrs out of u'r week, when I was working 60+hrs and traveling all over the country a couple years ago for work, i still made it to most......if you just don't care, well, that's u'r business and I'm sorry you feel that way.

Not only being a part of this BB, but being an active member of this club has benefited me alot, and those who just stalk the board are missing out.
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

This was my second MMM. It was nice to talk to people, get ideas, show off some of my own. I was a bit bothered by the fact that the posted time of 11:30am was so loose. I had a feeling no one would be there until 12 at the earliest, but when I got there to find that no one who organized the event was there even at 12:30 I was a bit let down. I did however meet one member who had told me he had been waiting since 11:30am. I felt bad for him. It was his first meet and none of those responsible for organizing it were there on time.

Additionally the post had said something about prizes and awards etc etc. I was there for 2 hours and heard nothing about that at all. I'm not saying that was the reason I went, I'm just pointing out that the details of the meet weren't consistent with what actually happened.

I don't think that complaining about this meet will really do anyone any good. We'll prob just talk ourselves in circles. I think that for those who made it out it was a good time, so let's just leave it at that. If you were there awesome. If not, you may have missed out on something cool.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Actually it was last year's meet that had the prizes and stuff. The Announcement at the top of the forum doesn't mention anything 'bout it.

As for being late....again I appologize. Cleaning the car took longer than expected. Though the posted time was 12, not 11:30 in the announcement.

But we would like to know how to get a better turnout for next year, so input would help, otherwise it'll b the same again (tho hopefully a bit more on time)
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Well I was there at 20 to 12 but in a rented car because my baby wasn't up for the drive.

I completely agree that when it is posted for a certain time we should be there ....

I think a few months ago I had mentioned about prizes again for this year .. and possibly a BBQ ...but as time moved on ... it ended up not being included.

We do need some feedback!

I love the meets ... to see my friends I have made over the last 3 years and to make new friends. The information that goes around at these meets is beneficial to everyone.

I do hope to see more next year ... for those I've met .. they love their MX-3s ... whether it's stock or customized we want to see you.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

This is a good thread, hopefully next year we can look at this and decide what not o do and what to do.

Honestly it was a good meet. I don't know what you guys are talking about people not being there at 11:30. the meet was from 12-4. so you could show up anytime you wanted. I personally would have been there for around 12. but ended up waiting for duncan, you can't leave a man behind, he wanted to go and did not know where it was.

Thanks to all who came out to the meet. I did my best to organize it the best i could. I didn't want a BBQ or prizes or anything because I wanted it to be simple and don't want people complaining that prizes were not fair.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

My mistake. I must have read an old post or something. I think that the meet should be at a place where we can legally have a BBQ. As for potential awards, they could just be certificates. Maybe even some not so serious ones, to add a little humour to the day.

Maybe we could add a short cruise at the end of the day of the meet before everyone goes home. That would be better than trying to plan for two days.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Sal

Post by Sal »

well this was my first meet so i dont have much to say about the past ones, but i can say i really enjoyed myself and time did fly met new people and learned/seen alot of new and original ideas that people did with thier rides. i didnt meet or talk to everyone but for the majority i did. just wanna say a job well done to the organisers.... and u will be seeing my face as long as i have my mx3 or even a mazda....
93 ZE curve neck, kl36 ecu, apex lowring springs tokico struts front and rear upper strut bars and a CAI.. still building!!
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I'm definitely heading out there next year. I said that about 5 years ago but never had an MX that lasted long enough to finish up. This one will be done in about a month or so and that means next year I'm really going. One Q, do I need a passport to go to Toronto now?

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”