My ze Parts list, What did I forget

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

My ze Parts list, What did I forget

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I got my ze. It looks good. Now I will be doing the swap this winter so it gives me some time to get some parts together and get the motor work done. Here is what I am thinking about getting. I have done some research but could always use some input.

Probinator Chiped ecu
Ground Wire Set
Interprep valve springs
Mystique 2.5L valve seals
stock klde valves (intake and exhaust)
stock klde retainers
klde exhaust hla's
Clutchmaster Stage II R or III and Flywheel (Undicided)
SS Clutchlines
urethane Filled mounts
Gasket set 2.5l Millenia
Timing Belt
Oil Pump
Wires
Plugs

I Have the the headers and CIA already.

Not sure If I need these but I was thinking about getting them.
Water Pump???
New Starter (Mine is on the way out)
Rings??? I have compression between 190-200 in 1,2,4,6
The compression for 3,5 was 180,183 I was thinking on getten new rings put in while I had the motor apart.. Any Input?

Is there anything else I am missing or something someone would recommend.
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Water pump for sure if your doing the timing belt,
Intake manifold gasket, Throttle body gasket
Valve Cover gaskets, re-do your Oil pan gasket with some rtv sealant
Fluid's: brake fluid, power steering, oil, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, brake cleaner, WD-40 or liquid wrench.

Pretty much as much pre-Maintenance as your wallet can handle lol (if you want to keep it for along time, most of this stuff your already doing is pointless if you don't plan on keeping it for a very long time. The valve train is good... there is very few people that had dropped valves, and oil pump....).
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Ok so water pump for sure, I will get a full gasket set for everything, I Will be keeping the car for a while. I tend to drive the car a little hard sometimes and it is my daily driver in the summer.. I just wanted to do some valve train work so the motor will last me and be able to handle .some high rpm driving. I'm not going to be racing or anything I live in the country so I tend rip around the back roads lots. :)

Is there anything else???
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

you need to do some research, why are you getting new de valves? there the same as ze and not needed, i wouldn't bother with the mystique valve seals, as for valve train, just get de retainers if you don't want to worry about dropping a valve, or get intprep springs and they will throw in de retainers for 20bux or something.

de and ze have different sie hla's why do you want those?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

You should get new plugs new oil yet to get a hold of your favorite type of synthetic now that you are pulling the motor would be a great time to check your mounts and or fill them in. You didn't mention what manifold as ussual millenia manifold is recommend. To be honest I would do head gasket too just in case and for your benefit later on.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”