Cabin air filter

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
macwarrior

Cabin air filter

Post by macwarrior »

Hi,

I recently bought a 1994 RS. I think that one of the car's previous owners was a smoker -- there's an odd smell in the car that is something like cigarette smoke, but much fainter than I've experienced. In any case, I'm trying to get rid of it. Can anyone tell me how to replace the cabin air filter, and where I might be able to buy a replacement? I think I found it in the usual place (behind the glovebox after you pop it out), but I can't figure out how to remove it.

Thanks a lot.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is not acutally removable. You can force it out, but I have yet to do it myself. Something on my list of things to do when I get around to it. Since it is not supposed to be replaced there is no replacement part, you'll have to measure and find or cut your own. As for getting the smell out, clean the carpet and seats. Then clean the headliner with a soft rag and a spray bottle with water and a tad of dish soap. Spray the liner and dab with a clean cloth. Too much water and you'll warp the liner or seperate the fabric from the liner. Cleaning the seats will probably yield a large amount of tar so you might need to clean them at a car wash where you suck the dirty water back up with the carpet cleaner. Do not clean the fabric inserts with the carpet cleaner. The detergent in the cleaner will undo the glue. If you need toclean them too use the same method as the headliner.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Fabreeze

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Cy

Post by Cy »

Tunes67 wrote:Fabreeze
LOL

GUT IT - the dash...pressurewash the carpet and seats (at a good distance)..let it all dry for a week...

The carpet underlay in these cars was garbage to start with...
I baught 10yrds of dense commericial-grade carpet underlay(100% polyester) and a pint of contact cement...
I put the underlay in silver side down in the trunk area, and silver side up from under the dash to the rear seat rise...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”