KLZE problems when is hot

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aguiloco

KLZE problems when is hot

Post by aguiloco »

Hi everybody, after all this is my setup:
KLZE, millenia IM, KL31 ECU, fidanza flywheel, outlawenginering spacers and ss autochrome headers

The problem comes when the car was runing under the sun during 15 or 20 minutes at the city, the temperature under the hood ups a lot since I put the new headers. The symptoms, when I accelerate the engine fluctuate like it was loosing and getting power again for a second, and the sound at the exhaust becomes a little more loud. I think the TPS could be the problem because if I disconnect it the extrange fluctuation dissapier. But I try with another TPS from my old K8 and it makes the same.

Anyone can help me to solve this problem? the summer is here and the car is really anooying to drive...

Thanks a lot
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

Try setting the tps or try a new tps then. Kinda strange that heat would do that though.
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Are your fans kicking in? how is the coolant level? Thermostat? is the needlw showing that its overheating? keep in mind its normal for engine to be hot to the touch and now since it has headers a bit more.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

If its getting that hot maybe consider wraping you headers or making a heat shield. You already got thermal spacers so that helps.
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

the coolant level and fan start arew working good, the water temperature never move up more than normal. I see that the fan who start when the engine needs it is the driver side fan, maybe changing the fans connectors the fan from the passenger side would fress the engine block and header better because is in front of. Could be a leak at the air intake after the caudalimeter?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Reset the TPS, looks for air leaks in the intake. You might have a bad O2 sensor since it is doing this after warming up. Do not switch the fans. The fans cool the radiator fluid, not the engine, so they are set in the right places.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

Last times I adjust the TPS using the easy technique (the fan), this afternoom will try it using the ohmmeter. But the car do the same with my two TPS, a frien will let me another one to test. Really a bad O2 sensor could be the problem? I was thinking about to change that sensors.

Another questions, this about idle, first when I connect disconect electric accesories like fan, windows, etc... idle variates a little. I´m using the old K8 alternator and put some extra ground points, what´s the problem?

The second one, it should be around 1000 RPM (I have to adjust) but when the car is hot sometimes it down at 400 RPM, I have the water lines to the ICS sensor bypased, could be for that the variation of idle?
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

nobody can help me with that questions???
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont see why it wouldnt work, the rewiring is the bit hard part.

I dont think that has to do with the o2 sensor as far as overheating. I say water pump. Or bad thermo sensor.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”