engine question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ElectronBlue

engine question

Post by ElectronBlue »

hi all im just curios on an mx3 this runs infront of the radiator.. its like a cooling piping im not sure what it is for?? so im hoping someone can tell me haha... because i m loooking to find a new one for my ze since i was side swipped by a transport... damn i hate rainy days.. thanks for you help
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is the power steering cooler. If you look closely enough it runs from the passanger side of the car, infront of the rad. and back. The RS ones are different than the V6 ones, so make sure you get the right one. I would suggest getting a used one from someone parting a MX on here. They are not tipically a wear item. As long as there is no rust, which there shouldn't be it is an aluminum pipe, no kinks, breaks or bent spots then you are ok.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Is it really needed?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you drive spiritedly I would say yes. If you turn the wheels alot while driving hard the fluid will heat up from the pressure. Heat causes wear, which will prematurely damage parts like the rack, pump and seals.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
DimaK

Post by DimaK »

i'm parting out a mx3

and yeah, precidia is the only car that i've heard of have a power steering cooler, my theorys are that it's was a powerful motor in a little car so the power steering needed to be more powerful then in the other cars so they had to put the cooler in ti so it dont ruin the parts^^^
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

hey thanks guys for the information:) i really appreciate it.. it actualy dumbfounded me hahha
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

but ehh i know the rs is different from the gs.. but doesnt it stil do the same thing even though its different?? like its still possible to use the rs in replace of the gs...??

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ElectronBlue wrote:but ehh i know the rs is different from the gs.. but doesnt it stil do the same thing even though its different?? like its still possible to use the rs in replace of the gs...??
i told you exactly what these lines were for on msn like a month ago..i guess you just did mnot believe me
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

ya i know man ... its just i needed specifics.. cuz it seems to run into the transmition too

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”